HSV Forum

Page 3 of 12 First << 12345 ... Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by MR323 View Post
    Hi mate, i'm in the process of doing a list of common problems and fixes for E1, E2 and E3 HSV's. Should have it all done in the next week or so and will post it up, it's a big list of things but all easily fixed

Cheers
    Ali
    i've now got all the Holden HSV Factory repair manuals from VT to E3, so i'm just typing all the issues in a document and then i'll post it up, I'm almost done with the VT to VZ issues and have posted most of it on the VT to VZ section

hey mate

I just sent you a message. If you can post the manual to me I can scan it into digital format and we can all share!

let us know !

Quote Originally Posted by hsvgts08 View Post
    Very interested in the fix for the head unit #4, I have the Hi-Tv navigator installed & it's forever changing colors & blanking out all together, very annoying, pricks at Holden have my car flagged as no further warranty due to the supercharger!!! WTF!

Don't forget the shit std clutch pedal that sticks to the floor in the manuals!!

These were warranty upgrades, that I got no questions asked ( until I got flagged)
    1) harmonic balancer upgrade - factory one had a wobble in it from new
    2) also replaces the sprung tensioner for a revised one - something about harmonics & excessive noise!
    3) revised air con bracket/tensioner ect - something to do with noise & belts throwing off ( common occurrence at power play)
    4) clutch revision - they fit an LS7 clutch & pressure plate - still shit, clutch still sticks to the floor - pressure plate actually goes to far in & goes over centre, usually pedal comes up when revs go down after spirited shift , but sometimes needs to be pulled back off the floor with your toe.
    They were supposed to replace the clutch pedal assembly also.

The waterfall
    The cowling at the bottom of the winscreen warps over time creating a gap between the windscreen and the plastic. When it rains or you wash your car, water flows down the firewall into the engine bay. Water can also find its way into the footwells through places like where the clutch pedal attaches to the firewall. You can check the foam backing on your floor mats for evidence of perishing as these disintegrate fairly quickly if wet for a while.

Leaking doors

Water flows between the window and the rubber seal, down the inside of the door. If the plastic membrane hasn't been sealed properly, it then flows out the bottom of the door and onto the steps (don't know what that bits called) then down under the carpet.

E1 MY09 Senator - memory seats malfunction

The memory buttons on the drivers stop working & the keys do not remember the last seating postion/mirror postion/mirror dipping when unlocking the vehicle.

This has happened to me twice so far, and while not a massive issue it is annoying as both the MRS & I regularly drive the car.

Apparently it's some sort of computer issue, so Holden tell me.

The fix is to pull the circuit breaker for the power seats (located in the fuse panel in the LH footwell) which re-sets the system. The only problem is that you need to set up and save all your memory settings again.

Hi mate, i'm in the process of doing a list of common problems and fixes for E1, E2 and E3 HSV's. Should have it all done in the next week or so and will post it up, it's a big list of things but all easily fixed

Cheers
    Ali
    I too am looking forwards to seeing this port.. Gr8 forethough mr323

My friend and I both have 09 GTS's and both of us had our tail lights replaced under warranty as the reflective horizontal section in the middle of the tail light faded.

Sailpane warps in heat on the Maloos

Hi all, had an issue with the Clubby today, did a search and thought this would be the best place to post rather then create a new thread. While out for a drive today decided to turn the air con on only to have warm air blown at me, now Iv'e heard of Ve's throwing belts so thats the first place I looked and low and behold, there is no belt to the air con compressor, dont know when it came off or where the hell it went! My Clubsport is a December 08 build with a LS3, it is fitted with the single idler pully, now on this thread it is mentioned that a duel idler pully system will fix the problem so this wont happen again, my question is, where is the best place to get this? Should I go direct to Holden/HSV or is there an aftermarket solution?
    Thanks in advance
    When enough just isn't enough!

My old man owns a vz Calais with the last of the gen 3 fitted to it and for a few weeks had been complaining about when hitting a decent sized bump that the instrument cluster and climate control would drop out. The other day they both dropped out all together and hadn't come back to life. After a couple of hours of thinking and following the wiring diagram with a few bourbons under the belt I had found that nearly all the earth points double up and find their way into a single connector that mounts right next to the battery. Something so simple can cause the biggest of problems. To curb the problem I have since cleaned the earth point and re cheaked all other major earth wire connections, I have also made an earth wiring kit up to stop the voltage drop between certain points in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by moray066 View Post
    Hi all, had an issue with the Clubby today, did a search and thought this would be the best place to post rather then create a new thread. While out for a drive today decided to turn the air con on only to have warm air blown at me, now Iv'e heard of Ve's throwing belts so thats the first place I looked and low and behold, there is no belt to the air con compressor, dont know when it came off or where the hell it went! My Clubsport is a December 08 build with a LS3, it is fitted with the single idler pully, now on this thread it is mentioned that a duel idler pully system will fix the problem so this wont happen again, my question is, where is the best place to get this? Should I go direct to Holden/HSV or is there an aftermarket solution?
    Thanks in advance
    I had the very same problem but mine turned out to be a worn air con pump bearing which gave it enough movement to kick the belt off when under heavy throttle.
    PERFORMANCE MODS- JTG Liquid gas injection, Under driven pulley, Pacemaker extractors, 3" X-force system, Cold air intake, MAF Less tune.
    267.9 RWKW'S

Thread Information