HSV Forum

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last >>

E1 Series Common Problems

Hi. After reading a few threads about the differences between E1, E2 and E3's etc. I found it was difficult to get a good list of known, common faults with the E1 series Clubby R8. I recently purchased one and am very happy with it however, I would love to see a good list of things that perhaps I could correct etc. In hindsight, I wish I knew about this forum and would have asked this question first!!

Hi mate, i'm in the process of doing a list of common problems and fixes for E1, E2 and E3 HSV's. Should have it all done in the next week or so and will post it up, it's a big list of things but all easily fixed

Cheers
    Ali
    Why is the question, we all seek an answer to

MR323, looking forward to see ur list!!!!

My list so far (E1 Senator):

Indicator lights blinking fast (fixed under warranty)
    Front bumper sagging (can also be fixed under warranty)

i've now got all the Holden HSV Factory repair manuals from VT to E3, so i'm just typing all the issues in a document and then i'll post it up, I'm almost done with the VT to VZ issues and have posted most of it on the VT to VZ section
    Why is the question, we all seek an answer to

Good one MR323. Look forward to it.

A sticky for faults, great idea!!!
    1) Strut bearing collapse. VE's put extra load on the strut bearings.
    2) Rear light assembly. L.E.D. Rear lights warp in the heat causeing LED's to stop working.
    3) Knock in front suspention. The spring lifts off the strut bracket over small bumps. Rubber is fitted in between.
    4) Radio Facia. The S1 has bad solder joints on the circut board causes cutting out. colour changes and battery drain.
    5) Sagging front bumper. Brackets are not strong enought to support HSV front bar. Replace with stronger brackets.
    6) Indicators Rapid Blinking. Indictor module next to tail light needs to be replaced.
    7) MRC Leaking. The seals in the MRC shocks can pop, leaking hydrolic fluid. Very costly replacement.
    I know the last one is GTS only, but thought it could be included.

Times up for now, will continue later.
    I always wanted one, but now i'm to responsible to enjoy one!!
    ONLY JOKING!!!

Thanks gunsrunner. I am now wondering whether no's 1 or 4 have something to do with the problem I posted here http://http://www.hsvforum.com.au/sh...l-when-turning?

Quote Originally Posted by gunsrunner View Post
    3) Knock in front suspention. The spring lifts off the strut bracket over small bumps. Rubber is fitted in between.
    4) Radio Facia. The S1 has bad solder joints on the circut board causes cutting out. colour changes and battery drain.
    thanks for posting these !

now, I have issues with the above two ... do you have a service manual that says how to fix them in more detail ? Saying rubber fixed in between is a good start but what rubber, what part and where exactly? I want to take it to my mechanic so he knows what he is doing.

many thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by MR323 View Post
    i've now got all the Holden HSV Factory repair manuals from VT to E3, so i'm just typing all the issues in a document and then i'll post it up, I'm almost done with the VT to VZ issues and have posted most of it on the VT to VZ section
    MR323, is the VZ information on a disk produced by infomedia titled Holden service and maintenance information DVD?
    I have seen this in a thread on another forum and want to buy it if it covers the MY06 VZ series of HSV's.

A few more for the Series 1 not mentioned thus far and experienced first hand;

- windshield washer bottle splits almost along its entire length and replaced under warranty
    - locking door actuators get lazy requiring pressing the remote key twice rather than once to both open and lock the door(s)

Thread Information