HSV Forum

Page 5 of 5 First << ... 345
    if your aerial stops but continues to make a clunk clunk noise I would say there is either a bend in the aerial and/ or the aerial mast and rope may need changing.
    It wouldn't be a big job to replace. I have to do it myself actually.

Try cleaning it first - sometimes it can lock-up due to grease and dirt. Also confirm that the aerial housing has not moved such that the straight path is not straight. My old Mercedes would frequently get bent from large insects etc. The WK is fairing much better.

Cheers grange250

Gave it a clean and oil today and its working a treat!

Again, thanks for the tip.

Cheers, Damo.

Cheers mate, just gave it a wipe and put a bit of oil on it and seems to be working ok.
    Thanks for the reply.

Cheers, Damo.

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    if your aerial stops but continues to make a clunk clunk noise I would say there is either a bend in the aerial and/ or the aerial mast and rope may need changing.
    It wouldn't be a big job to replace. I have to do it myself actually.
    Thanks for the aerial info HSVGTS125

Problem solved.

Cheers, Damo.

Hi guys, very good reading this thread.
    I have an issue you may even able to help with,

My engine overheated badly when we drove to Sydney a couple of months ago.
    We called the road service, NRMA and he was very thorough at checking the whole cooling system.
    It was short about 6 liters of fluid, not good , but the system end 30psi for about 20 min no worries.
    His thoughts were, if it has been slowly loosing fluid (as I only check the reservoir) and hasn't been taking it back correctly, this can occur when driving At freeway speed the engine will remain cool, and whenl in Sydney traffic will over heat. Makes sense..
    Topped up, and on our way.
    Back home we had the cooling system checked by our own mechanic and found no problem??
    Our only assumption can be a minor head gasket breach mainly when hot that is using fluid.
    Why it's not drawing fluid back from the reservoir I don't know.
    All hoses have been checked and all sensors tested. The overflow hoses are all good to the reservoir does hold fluid and the hose from the radiator dose go into the fluid in the reservoir.
    Just giving as much info as I can!
    It currently now uses about 500 ml per 100 km.
    Any ideas would be appreciated
    Cheers mitch.
    It's a VZ LS2 with about 130k
    Last edited by kme023; 07-09-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Are you sure it's definitely not leaking anywhere? It's a lot more common to have a split in the plastic tank than a head gasket issue on these cars.

Re overheating.
    Maybe radiator cap.
    I had similar situation about 2 years or so back with my senator (LS2), turned out to be a faulty radiator cap.
    The suction side wasn't working properly as that little spring loaded plunger wasn't sealing properly.
    Mine didn't overheat or at least it didn't register on the gauge.
    Firstly I noticed a red stain around the bottom of my overflow bottle so checked the overflow and it was full to the point of pouring out.
    Checked radiator and yes was down so topped up kept watching and a week or so later it had overflowed again.
    So basically it was pushing coolant out when hot (normal) but not sucking it back in when cold.
    Fitted a new cap and that was that.

Thanks for the replys

The radiator cap has been replaced, and the coolant has now got a red additive to make it a lot easier to find a leak .
    I'm yet to find any trace of liquid from under the car or around the engine at all . The reservoir dosent seemy to go up at all.

I might actually try another cap anyway. It's cheap way to rule that out, or not!
    Cheers

Thread Information