HSV Forum

Page 3 of 6 First << 12345 ... Last >>
    I've also got his problem, does anyone know a fix?

I will have to go thru the SIPS manual i have, (looks same as what you are posting as it has P/No's etc for rectifications) but there are tons and tons of Holden running changes that were done from VT-VZ. Give me some time and will try and add to the list.

One fault that comes to mind right now is the Harrop Brakes that have the Calipers seize if the pads are allowed to wear out too much. Mine had a fair bit of meat left on them and the pistons could not be retracted into the calipers again, which required an overhaul of the calipers to rectify (would have been expensive as, if I didnt fortunately have 3 months warranty left on it!!!)

Back to one HSV in the shed... But its a Gen F GTS so I arent complaining!!

hi all
    i've had my clubby for a few months and the timing seems to be out,
    dose anyone know how to reset or ajust the timing, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hsv8s View Post
    hi all
    i've had my clubby for a few months and the timing seems to be out,
    dose anyone know how to reset or ajust the timing, cheers
    for my response I am presuming your talking LS1 and not series 1 VT, Timing is set by the crank angle sensor and the ECU's tune.....you cant "time" it without retuning it via ECU, there is NO dizzy or anything like the old 5.0 Litre donks. If its a 285VY they rock around a bit at idle (mine does) but thats all normal!
    Otherwise you may have sparkplug or coil issues...

(If by chance you ARE talking about a VT series 1 Clubsport then you can just adjust the distributor to adjust the timing.)

Back to one HSV in the shed... But its a Gen F GTS so I arent complaining!!

it is 5L 195i so do u just move the dizzy ?

I just experienced hard starting with my VY SS, engine light would stay on. It was directly after refulling at a different service station after some unusual high rain fall. So I assumed dirty fuel or even water in it. I replaced the fuel filter, then did spark plugs and leads but stil hard to start. Once it runs it is fine.
    Well I got it into untratune this week and turns out it the cause was Air flow sensor and Cam sensor. Starts first time every time now.

has anyone else had a problem with a fast ticking sound from their aircon unit (VZ clubby LS2 Man), i noticed it started a little while ago but didnt seem to be causing a problem, only starts ticking when the aircon has the fan running, i went for a drive from townsville to cairns (about 4 hours) and about 3/4 of the way the ticking changed to an even faster ticking (not speed related) and the aircon fan stopped working, aircon was still functioning just no fan, when i got to cairns and stopped the car for about 10min then got back in and drove again the normal ticking was back and the fan working again? im thinking it might be an elec problem and heat related when it stopped, any ideas?

Hi all just brought a 05 vz auto clubsport,it makes the occasional clunk sound from the rear at low speed and also reverse. I'm quessing it's the diff but any info on what the course may be and how to fix would be awesome? Most noticable when slowing down at lights and accerating slowly,not noticable with heavey accerarion. Any help much appreciated. Cheers Dan

My vy clubby is doing the same thing. I think mine maybe a stuffed drive shaft. Getting it checked out on Friday. I thought diff originally also but diff doesn't whine or anything. Just this constant clunking at low speed and on and off acceleration etc.

is it just clunking when you go on and off the throttle lightly?

Thread Information