HSV Forum

Page 2 of 39 First << 123412 ... Last >>
    Quote Originally Posted by CPC View Post
    I think it's safe to say this is a factory option. I'd never seen nor heard of it before my mate bought one with this trim.
    Chris.
    This is what Im talking about, "a mate" isnt confirmed. People may have a gut feeling but until its confirmed and if you want to do this properly I would leave it out. Asterix it as an option with a footnote to the asterix

And the bit about the local trim shop, well HSV had the done by Ashlor trimming. They are a local trim shop. It wasn't inhouse.

The other reason why i'd leave it out as being a factory option is any dealer may have sent them to Ashlor trimming and had them done, or any customer could have. So it doesnt mean its factory (at this stage) it just means some people have the same leather bolsters.

#99 is red with the Devenish seats, Venus trim and suede etc etc
    #85 has Twin throttle bodies. This was from brand new, not factory. I know the first owners and got this from them in1993
    Last edited by HSVGTS125; 21-11-2011 at 08:43 PM. Reason: #85

Fair enough. I know what you're saying. I hate reading a lot of the mis-information on the net too. I was aware who was doing the trim for HSV. I'm not sure how anyone could ever confirm this trim as a factory option though. Getting any info from HSV is like getting blood from a stone. They may not even have the info as far back as VP that we need. Either way, there are a handfull (maybe more) of these cars getting around with this same trim.

Chris.

Getting any info from HSV is like getting blood from a stone.

Chris.
    They have the data . . . but sadly the staff at HSV these days are lazy and disinterested in both the brands history and us punters that are chasing old info

This thread is interesting. . . I have never had a VP GTS and cos they were auto only, I never wanted one. . . . but don't underestimate their value in the future . . . good well speced ones will command a reasonable quid one day

Number 095 is white with standard trim.

Number 119 is red with GPA trim and blue leather bolsters

He seems a little confused. Anthracite was the most common colour (not the rarest as he says) and the interior in that one is standard, making it the most common and low spec variety of the VP GTS's.

Chris.
    Chris i agree totally , hence my comment, Build 77 just sold for 11K i believe with same options and 105,000KMS.

I think it's safe to say this is a factory option. I'd never seen nor heard of it before my mate bought one with this trim. Upon much closer inspection of it it's certainly not something done by a local trim shop by a previous owner. It's also identical to the other red one on this forum. I'll try and get some detailed pics if anyone's interested. Looks like there are more that just two as well. There is already 4 identified in this thread, which is only 6 hours old.

Chris.
    Hi Guy's,

i nearly brought 015 which i confirmed that leather bolsters in a factory option. 015, 017, 113 & 119 are verified from HSV
    This option give not only front bolsters but also rear seat & door trims in blue leather like the 5000I senator..

I have tried to upload picture but i can't, can i please have somebody PM me their email address and help me with the pic's.

Thanks
    Daniel

Thanks
    Daniel
    Last edited by danieljgor; 21-11-2011 at 09:49 PM.

daniel 77 needed respray had been in a frontend and repairs were crap trims broken on the inside wheels need machining and painting and had standard interior. Wasnt to impressed when i flew to brisbane to look at it

Quote Originally Posted by danieljgor View Post
    Hi Guy's,

i nearly brought 015 which i confirmed that leather bolsters in a factory option. 015, 017, 113 & 119 are verified from HSV
    How are they confirmed? Would be good to see the verification, not photos of the trim. Just so we know its concrete and is in fact factory optioned. I'm not doubting it may have factory leather bolsters but if this VP GTS History thread is to be done correctly and accurately it would be good to have evidence backing it up

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post

The 2 trim styles we do know are
    1. HSV Langton sports seats built on SS frame, are a feature of the blue interior. Matching door trim inserts have GTS embroidered into the cloth.
    2. Optional Devenish seats with venus trim, suede trimmed console and fully lined door panels
    3. I'd leave the leather bolsters until its confirmed factory.
    I can confirm build 018 which I owned at one stage had option 2 above. I'll try to get pics off my iPad and post them tomorrow.

Red Hot Mike

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    How are they confirmed? Would be good to see the verification, not photos of the trim. Just so we know its concrete and is in fact factory optioned. I'm not doubting it may have factory leather bolsters but if this VP GTS History thread is to be done correctly and accurately it would be good to have evidence backing it up
    It was confirmed by HSV over the phone when i rang about #015, i didnt buy the certificate as i didnt buy the car.

VP GTS Interiors

Hi forum members
    Interesting discussion about these interiors. I own VP GTS Build No.113 with the leather bolsters in question. When I was first looking at these cars a few years ago I looked at build 017 also with leather.
    At the time I put the VINs of both cars into the HSV Authenticate website and under OPTIONS both cars said Leather trimmings Devonish.
    Unfortunately I just did the same thing to prove the point but to my disappointment the complete website has been updated and the options section is blank. It's a big ask but you will just have to believe me on this. This is not bull!!!!

Cheers
    Dave

Thread Information