HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    I like the standard 19s. not easy to clean though, I wish I could find a tyre shop that would remove the wheels
    so I could spend an hour on them, after you polish behind the rims once they are good for months
    I guess no shop would want a car sitting for an hour though. As for what the Grange has with the 3 dvds full MRC
    BZW, Bi Modal i think this car is the best value for money of all the HSVs I guess they are not so cool compaired
    to driving a GTS, I would have gone the GTS but I had three new LWB so I was after an upgrade from a new Caprice
    and under 150k plus the Grange was too easy, I'd cry if they stop making them, hope the 2013/4 model is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    I like the standard 19s. not easy to clean though, I wish I could find a tyre shop that would remove the wheels
    so I could spend an hour on them, after you polish behind the rims once they are good for months
    I guess no shop would want a car sitting for an hour though. As for what the Grange has with the 3 dvds full MRC
    BZW, Bi Modal i think this car is the best value for money of all the HSVs I guess they are not so cool compaired
    to driving a GTS, I would have gone the GTS but I had three new LWB so I was after an upgrade from a new Caprice
    and under 150k plus the Grange was too easy, I'd cry if they stop making them, hope the 2013/4 model is good.
    Lol - I'll see your Grange and raise you a manual Senator with Bi-Modals and a sunroof. Went for a blast out to Emerald today and loved every second of it. Pretty sure the cam is starting to wear out though..... Might need a new one

Red Hot Mike

Pardon me for what may seem to be a stupid question, but is there any reason that the front end from this beautiful Grange would not fit the same year Caprice?
    I'm beginning to think I should have asked for more money and bought the Grange instead of the Caprice, but at the time I was only concerned with the luxury aspect and not thinking that the customizing bug would bite me so hard again after all these years of not having a car worthy of adding its own little touch of individuality.

Thanks.
    Bob

As long as you change the lot and the brackets, things will fit. I was considering a front scraper from the Caprice because it is a little higher than that of the Grange. Was told everything at the front would have to change. Not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by grange250 View Post
    As long as you change the lot and the brackets, things will fit. I was considering a front scraper from the Caprice because it is a little higher than that of the Grange. Was told everything at the front would have to change. Not cheap.
    Hi Grange 250,

I got the same story of $$$$ regarding any sort of exchange of front ends from Grange to Caprice and visa versa.
    I have already purchased a bare Grange front bumper cover and from what I have seen from pics of the item....I don't have it in my hot little hands just yet....there seems to be at least some compatibility in mounting points from what I can see so far.
    If you're still interested in going ahead with your own ideas for your car, then maybe we can possibly work together towards a common goal.
    If you want to comment here or message me about this then I'd be only too happy to work with you, or at the very least I can give you a bit of a progress report on my own front end 'adventures' if you like.
    This certainly won't be the first time I've been told that what I want to do with my car (in the past) is impossible to achieve, but I've usually managed a way to get things done to my satisfaction.

Btw, I should have my first ever 'smart phone' soon, so I can begin to post pics then.

Cheers,
    Bob

Move slow their mate my new 12 bar was $4950 fitted from a gutter or two whole bar peels up once snagged.
    Just go headers tune an intake an enjoy the caprice. U could get a 12 whale/grange for 40 now.
    Dont try to make a caprice look like a grange . Wish i still had all those lwb features.
    From the mddle of nowwhere. No hsv close by! Just f dirt an dust storms do have some kevlar though.
    PS and diff wine from hell.

Black cars and dirt roads.

Dirt roads are one of my biggest problems. My home is situated on a 70 acre property. Just to get to my letterbox is a 2 kilometer drive, then it's another 4.5 klms of dirt road before I finally hit a tarred road.
    If I want to dive around in a clean car, I have to go to the 'hand' car wash in Goulburn at a Caltex service station. Then I go to a local park where I chamoise it dry.
    Such are the trials of owning a black car and living in the bush.
    The car came with a 2.5" "cat back" exhaust system with the last mufflers just where the twin pipes finish, but I've seen that on Ebay there is a replacement set of pipes which eliminates those last mufflers. I'm wondering if I do this mod that the 'drone' in the car would be too much to live with. Anyone done this to their cars?

Cheers,
    Bob

Time to buy some old bricks and get cracking!!! 2kms wouldnt take that long haha!

Have you ever priced up a driveway, eg two lanes where the tyres go in concrete/tarmac/small rocks/ pavers etc?

Real name Brady

SV6000 #0024

Glenrob - am away at the moment and very limited internet.
    Probably won't do anything because I'm not doing the travelling that I was. The boy is a panel beater; I will ask him the dollars required because he was able to get me a cheap wing - kangaroo went into the side.
    Will get answers when I'm back in country.

Thread Information