HSV Forum

Page 3 of 5 First << 12345 Last >>

Thread: Snipers W427

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    I've been putting together my Spring/Summer rides (5) and getting them rego'd ready for the "Driving Season"

I will take a pic of them all together when the Senator gets back from Ed's . . it'll be a good photo . . . as it has a bit of everything this season . . . W427, GTR, Maloo, Senator & a New Prado Kakado TD that arrives next week as well . . . cant wait!!!

Maybe like Daniel says. . . a catch up before Xmas for the SA boys and girls should be on the agenda!!!!
    Sounds like a plan maybe I have missed something somewhere what's happening to the senator?

Quote Originally Posted by blown vy gts View Post
    maybe I have missed something somewhere what's happening to the senator?
    . . . yes, you have missed the lastest Senator news that is in the "E3 Senator Development" thread!!

but briefly, I sent it to Eddy as I believed he is the only one that has "Forced Induction" sussed in Australia. . . and when I say that , I mean "really" sussed!!!

No disrespect to the rest of the Tuners around, but I have seen plenty of "Tune Files" from many tuners for this application . . . and Ed has gone thru them with me when I was in Perth 3 weeks ago and I now understand the scenario.

When he is finally done this tuesday, and it is back in Adelaide, I will post a summary in the "Development" thread . . . but I will need to be at my diplomatic best . . . as some of the "Finest Tuners" said I was wasting my time with this combo. . . and they were wrong . . .

I will take a pic of them all together when the Senator gets back from Ed's . . it'll be a good photo . . . as it has a bit of everything this season . . . W427, GTR, Maloo, Senator & a New Prado Kakado TD that arrives next week as well . . . cant wait!!!

Damn soooo jealous that's an awesome collection you have there. Would only be a dream for most ppl to have those vehicles for there very own. Nice work

Graeme curious to know why you picked red?

Here is some interesting maths surrounding the W427 or more to the point - the LS7 . . .

We recently took in to Luis for a visit to see what was on tap . .

The baseline was 304RWKW and 787NM . . . which is rear wheel speak for the HSV/GM claim of 375 Flywheel KW and 640 Flywheel NM . . . all quite realistic based on previous data from elsewhere

By adding the latest Harrop OTR and a recaliburation using EFI Live we gained a useful "on the road" increase in performance

Using cold hard facts the magic "multiplication number" is 23% . . . which therefore equates to 417KW and 717NM at the Fly . . . on the road that feel on the money - it's not as crisp as an LSA GTS in stock trim but its close and helped by being a few kilos lighter . . .

It's now 6 years old but has probably gained some cred in that time as everywhere I stopped there would be someone that had never seen one in the flesh and just had to know what it was like - I was quite 'taken a back' by the interest in the thing and the fact that ppl actually knew exactly what it was!! - I have no doubt that over time the W will be a good thing to own given its uniqueness and rarety . . . and I have to say there is nothing like swinging an LS7 to 7000RPM . . .

They've definitely got more appeal than the Gen F GTS. There's just too many of them around to remain special but HSV is here to turn a profit afterall.

No doubt the W will become much more desirable in time.

No comment on the VF GTS, i might offend someone and then get told i dont have enough money to buy it anyway!!!

Love the W427, think its a unique car and one HSV should be proud of. Nice to see a bit of a useful gain for on the road driving too.

Im one of those blokes that have only seen a HSV execs one at a HSV meeting. One that was driven past me on the road in Sydney, and thats it! Would love to see one up close.

On that too, saw an SV5000 today in top nic, have only seen them at shows up until to day! Welcome to Melbourne!

Real name Brady

SV6000 #0024

I am the same, only ever seen one go past on the M5 in Sydney. Would love to have one just due to the fact it will be the most sort after modern HSV in years to come due to it's uniqueness.

There is a red W427 that turns up to some HSVOC meetings here in Melbourne... WOW what a beast!!! I just love them, they are "different" and you just dont see them driving about the place.
    Plus who doesnt like the rumble from a 7 litre V8!!

Back to one HSV in the shed... But its a Gen F GTS so I arent complaining!!

Can't wait for you to bring the machine to Hobart Graeme for a close up look lol

Thread Information