HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

Thread: Snipers Datto

Snipers Datto

I first got to encounter what Graeme calls his "Datto" about a week ago. Which is really a R35 GTR . I was lucky enough to go for a drive with him while he had to pick up some bits and pieces. This car is awesome, I have never been in something so fast. When he dropped me home, he insisted that next time he comes around I could have a drive .

Well true to his word Graeme brought the "Datto" around today and after a chat to catch up. He passed me the key and said we are off for that drive. We went for a drive down to Glenelg. The car is awesome, I have never driven anything like it, limited by being on public roads the car is an animal. The power delivery is amazing. The only thing I have been in to compare that's close in power is Graeme's Senator, that has more KW's. But the excelleration of the GTR is just awesome. I just want one now .

I would like to thank Graeme for the oppertunity to experience the GTR, I loved it. When he left he said the next one was the W 427 so Im now looking forward to that one. .

Its a very nice car have been taken for a spin in it

You will love the W427 that is very nice to drive as well, but I always seem to get taken back to the 1/2 a grandpa car the senator :drool:
    Go hard Go Fast or Go Home

Lucky lucky you.... And lucky Sniper for having one...

omggggggggggg sniper u sneeky boi :P thats one very hot car !!! bring that to melbs u can take me for a spin thru the mountains.

Lucky you Daniel, great fun car, should have passed by west lakes was buffing an elfin ms8 clubman also got those xu6 rocker covers for you in the car
    Why is the question, we all seek an answer to

I have a friend who owns one and the acceleration really is something else. The amazing thing is how stable it is at speed, you have no idea how fast you're really going until you look over and see the speedo.

Pure horn these things and remarkably large - like Ferraris and Lamborghinis are.

Prior to seeing these types of cars, I thought they were small(ish) in size, but it is clear that when the respective manufacturers use lightweight building materials - aluminium, carbon fibre, etc, they can get the best of both worlds.

cheers
    HSV Senator 300 - the Classy C4B..

C4B - ETP215s 62cc, Comp 215/223 .601/.609 @111+3, Manley 8.050" 5/16" P/R, Morel Link-bar lifters, Powerbond 25% UDP, 36lb injectors, SLP pump, Rollmaster chain, OTRCAI, T-56 - RipShift, 3.91:1 rear, DiFilippo 1.75" 4-1s, twin 3" st/st cat-back, 3" metal substrate hi-flow cats. AP-Racing 6/4-pots. EFIlive COS3 SD tune.

308rwkW(413rwhp)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/389253...lden-commodore

I never really considered these as a true supercar and didn't really like them or pay that much attention to them when they were first released, but now my respect and love for these cars has grown to the point of wanting one in my garage. I haven't driven one or even been in one for that matter but there was a silver model for sale locally recently and I got a nice close up look at and I must I finally liked what I saw. Another nice resident in your stable Graeme and all I can say to you SV90 is that I'm JEALOUS!!

drooling big time graeme.....

Although not Graemes, here is some tuning on the very latest 2011 GTR with the bigger inlet pipes etc. 361awkw tune + midpipe makes for a guaranteed 10 second $3000 upgrade package

MY11 being custom tuned on the Mainline dyno at Willall Racing -

+ Willall Titanium Midpipe -

Final result showing boost curve and torque in 'metric' figures -

= 15% improvement over stock

Thread Information