HSV Forum

Page 3 of 9 First << 12345 ... Last >>
    Yeah almost 100% stock and original. Only mods are the cd player, although i do have the original headunit to put back in, and its got the wrong tailpipe on it but ive also tracked one down just been a bit lazy to put it on.

Hi Guys I thought I would take the opertunity to post a pic of the Twins,

I have two VN Clubsports.

The tidy one is Build 339 and is in very good original condition, I have been working on it to get it back to 100% original over the last couple of years. (Ive only got the original sterio and a new exhaust to put on to get it finished).

The other is Build 160 (The last one of John Harveys original run) it's pretty rough but is all original. I have plans to fully restore this one and turn it into a club / tarmac rally car.

I am also trying to trace the History of both cars if anyone has any info to help??

Sorry about the photo, the files size is to big and i cant work out how to upload a decent one.

Nice cars tonic. I love the VN Clubsports. You never see them getting around and they are so subtle, almost "sleeper" in their appearance. I'd love to have just one, let alone two!

Please get better and more detailed pics. I'd love to see more of them.

Chris.

I'm not at home so I can't check my info but i'm pretty sure the original VN club sport was numbered 001-060. Then the second batch were numbered from number 101. So the build number badge was #0/101. They numbered that way as they were unsure of how many would be built. Why they didn't continue from #061 is beyond me. They are nice cars. I didn't like them years ago but I like them now

HSV GTS,
    I would be keen to see any info you have on the numbering of the VN Club Sports.

I have done a fair bit of research and to the best of my knowlege the build numbers of the first 60 cars were 101 - 160. there were then an additional 350 made making a total of 410 vehicles.

When researching it has become evident that there is inconsistancy in the information listed on the build plates.

My cars build plates state:
    Build Number: 160 H1 Model: CS Dash Pad Number 160/0
    Build Number: 339 Model: C.SPORT. Dash Pad Number 339/0

I have seen Photos of one vehicle with a build plate that says: Build Number: 013F5 Model: CS But the dash Pad Badge is 113/0.

I have also seen a dash pad badge numbered 020. But I have not seen the build plate for this car.

I have also seen various numbers (C2, H1, F5, Etc) following the build number on the build plate. (Dose anyone know what these referencs to??)

If you or anyone else have any additional info on this I would love to hear it as i am a bit of a tragic when it comes the VN Clubbies.

Cheers.

I won't be home until wednesday next week so i'm running off memory and I haven't really thought of these cars in years unfortunately. In regards to your cars reference after the build number, the letter is the month and the number i'm pretty sure is the week. So being H1 I assume is first week of august 1990. My old walkinshaw was 001A1 which was first week of january 1988. I'll do some research on the build numbers once i'm home if no one else has sorted it out by then. I actually wouldn't mind one now. I'm only using my phone so I haven't seen your pictures. Is your #160 silver?

Thanks for that bit of info on the additonal numbers, makes sense.

Both my cars are identical. Astroid Silver, Autos, with the skirt kit as the only option.

Reading HSV 1988 - 1991, it tells me the numbering did start at 101, and yes, there were 60 initial and then ongoing to order 350 at the end of VN. Not sure if this meant an additional 350 on top of the initial 60, or all up there were 350 made.
    It also tells me that only two went to NZ, builds 291 and 297. Build plate detailed numbers as such - 265-A3 as an example in this publication. There were a number of options so the different letters may indicate specific options fitted, at a guess?
    Last edited by Senator01; 15-07-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

Well there you have it. That's the hardest bit when running off memory. I did know there were only 60 initial silver cars and remembered there was a different sequence but I guessed that was only how they did the number and zero on the dash plaque. I've only ever seen that on VN Club Sport

Have also seen the dash with 020 on it.

I have seen a build plate with 031 on it and another car with 155 without seeing the dash for either car.

Dash numbers 134/0 and 137/0 i haven't seen their build plates.
    Dash 117/0 has 117 on the build plate.

The letter and number code after the build number is exactly as HSVGTS125 described it.
    Corsa

Thread Information