HSV Forum

Page 2 of 9 First << 1234 ... Last >>
    the light failed me this afternoon, these were the best pictures i could take of it

I am hoping to restore it to original at some point in time, its a question of space, time and money

Very nice looking wagon. The rims are the original ones, these are known as the "family" rim. Most VN's and VP's got them and also enhanced VR's and VS's also. In VP the polished option was also offered. The rims where also modified and used on the VR Caprice as part of the Boulevard ride system. The rims recieved a large metal plate to cover most of the rim. The one used on the irs models had a cover plate to hide the wheel nuts.
    The car looks to be a very good example, minus the red engine covers and the 185i badges ( as they only had 180 kw, 185i was a VR )

Whats the interior like, thats the hard part to replace as the LE's had a special seat material just for the SV LE's.

Cheers

would you happen to know what the correct engine covers are suppost to look like and what colour they should be? Also i heard that the rims on the le's were 1" less in width than the other models that used them, is this correct, wheel king has these type of wheels for sale but they are the wider ones, if that is correct (I was thinking of a spare set).

as for the interior the worst part is probably the drivers seat the fabric is almost non existent with extensive rips as for the other seats the fabric is good but the actual seats need rebuilding, the bolster on the front passengers seat is damaged and in the back seat it appears a spring has popped through the foam but not the fabric, the car has had a hard life, according to the rta i am its 13th owner but this includes being registered to dealers as it has changed hands, do you know if the plastics in the interior are the same as a vn, i was considering sourcing parts from wreckers as the plastics are marked and I havent been able to remove these marks
    I am the master of my own stupidity

The engine covers are ment to be the standard silver. I will find a pic for you, you could just re paint yours. You are right the rims are 16 x 7. Did your wagon get the level ride switch and gauge option ? The plastic interior parts are the same as VN.

All the early HSV materials originally came from Ashlor Trimmers
    http://www.dlook.com.au/automotive-b...pty-ltd-133480

Probaly a long shot. You do get bits and pieces pop up on e bay will keep an eye out for you.

Have this VQ 5000i number 084, has 218 000 kms on clock, 3inch exhaust, pod air filter. Want to put twin 2 and a half zaust and cold air intake on soon and keep it as stock as possible. It's our family car at the moment but soon it will be getting fresh paint and only come out for a run on sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by SV90 View Post
    Very nice looking wagon. The rims are the original ones, these are known as the "family" rim. Most VN's and VP's got them and also enhanced VR's and VS's also. In VP the polished option was also offered. The rims where also modified and used on the VR Caprice as part of the Boulevard ride system. The rims recieved a large metal plate to cover most of the rim. The one used on the irs models had a cover plate to hide the wheel nuts.
    The car looks to be a very good example, minus the red engine covers and the 185i badges ( as they only had 180 kw, 185i was a VR )

Whats the interior like, thats the hard part to replace as the LE's had a special seat material just for the SV LE's.

Cheers
    I have a VP HSV Enhanced Calais with the family rims.

They are 16 x 8 and with flush centre caps.

I have a Rose Grey VN SV5000, here is a pic from the 'your ride' thread I made a few months ago.

Link to original thread.

http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthread.php?t=5635

The wifes toy. Its a VP Clubsport build number 342 and factory manuel.

VR Clubsport 5 speed #587

Quote Originally Posted by ERASER View Post
    The wifes toy. Its a VP Clubsport build number 342 and factory manuel.

That looks like it just rolled off the production line! Very impressive.
    Completely stock and original?
    VP GTS Maranello Red - VTII GTS Sting Red - VTI Senator Signature 220i Raven

Thread Information