HSV Forum

Page 3 of 18 First << 1234513 ... Last >>
    Well I think we don't really need to mention the VL Group A, VN Group A or VS GTS/R as they are imo already very collectable, and their selling prices reflect this.

On to future collectable models, at present there would only be maybe a dozen or so that I would be very surprised if don't increase in value in the future.

Not that it means a hell of a lot but my particular picks would be;

VP GTS (first of the Hsv GTS and shared some parts with the VN Group A)

VR, VS and VT1 GTS/Senator 215/220 (Last of the true Aussie muscle cars with the pinnacle of the Holden V8 development)

VT1 Senator Signature 10th anniversary (No need to explain really, 10 made and it had everything!)

VT2 GTS (First international worthy Hsv and massive jump in power compared to everything else released before it. Only 100 built, unique interior etc. Also finally pipped the Phase 3 as most powerful Australian production car)

GTS Coupe (It's a GTS 2 door!)

Anything with the C4B engine as they were generally quite rare and quick cars.

Coupe 4 (Rare all paw V8 coupe with unique flares)

SV6000 (Once again very rare with some new technology)

Perhaps some of the GTO LE's

W427 (Pretty obvious this one)

In saying all this though I tend to think it will be at least 10 years before we see any substantial rise in value of these and other mentioned cars.

You are spot on mate. The cars you have mentioned, it will be a good 10 to 15 years before any huge $$$ gain . I think we will start to see certain models in VL to VP start to move in price soon once the economic climate picks up. For example the VN SV5000 is now 21 years old. They seem to peak after 30 years and gain a classic status. Its hard to find excellent early examples that havent been modified.

One car missing from your short list is the VY GTS, very low build number and a very nice car IMO.

This thread is going well, good to see that on this forum we can have a positive discussion without people getting upset. I was a bit unsure how it would go, but some good discussions. keep the opinions coming, at the end of the day only time will tell.
    Cheers
    Last edited by SV90; 17-02-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sv90 View Post
    You are spot on mate. The cars you have mentioned, it will be a good 10 to 15 years before any huge $$$ gain . I think we will start to see certain models in VL to VP start to move in price soon once the economic climate picks up. For example the VN SV5000 is now 21 years old. They seem to peak after 30 years and gain a classic status. Its hard to find excellent early examples that havent been modified.

One car missing from your short list is the VY GTS, very low build number and a very nice car IMO.

This thread is going well, good to see that on this forum we can have a positive discussion without people getting upset. I was a bit unsure how it would go, but some good discussions. keep the opinions coming, at the end of the day only time will tell.
    Cheers
    Cheers bud and definitely agree with the VY GTS... That comes under my "Anything with the C4B engine" line

I agree with the VN-VP's as I think if these start to increase in value then it will mean good signs for later models as they get older too.

There still seems to be a bit of negativity around about the eventual desirability and value of older HSV's but I tend to think it's inevitable at some stage. All it takes is for a generation of kids and young adults to consider a certain car/s desirable (which you can safely say about some HSV's) and once they're older and able to afford them is when you will see the values rise.

Additionally another good sign for future values is how difficult it is to find clean, unmodified and unmolested HSV's that are over 10 years old now.

It is also very hard to own a HSV over 10 years old and not modify it but I'm trying very hard.

I'll swap cars with ya and you can go nuts. Can you check your pm as well 220isenator ?

Sorry dude, haven't had time to take any pics for you but it will happen. Badge that you asked about just says SRS airbags but will get some photographic evidence.

Some collectors like to see numbers
    Last edited by vr001; 02-04-2011 at 08:00 PM.

I cant get the link to work mate.

oooww nice car vr001, any more pics. Just as an idea what sort of coin do you all think a VQ 5000i would pull at the moment, I keep tossin up the idea of off loading but I know deep down I should keep her for the long haul, oh and great thread SV90.

Thread Information