HSV Forum

HSV GTS VF Model

Anyone out there with information on the new VF? or am I dreaming?
    I know it's due for release in 2013 sometime, is there somewhere that I can have some input in the build? or are we just peasents waiting for the final release to take it or leave it !!!
    Today, I have gone from a auto series 1 R8 (2006) to a manual series 2 GTS (2010) and don't really find a $20,000 difference, I know it's not like going from a Honda civic to a Holden SS but nevertheless.
    I suppose looking at the E3 coming out soon would be incorporated into the VF..
    Last edited by claynz; 22-07-2010 at 07:04 PM.

An R8 to a GTS is like going from an ok girlfriend to a supermodel and because they both have boobs you don't see a big difference. As you're a kiwi maybe it's better explained as going from a Dorset to a Merino and because they both have wooley hindquarters there's no difference

It took me a bit to justify the extra cost of the GTS but when I got the keys I felt it was worth it. Agree though, it would be nice for HSV to consider a "wish list" from its customers as there are a few things I'd like to see on the next model (not including a touch screen to look like crap after it's covered in fingerprints).
    Mick
    E2 GTS

Quote Originally Posted by ByfordBlade View Post
    An R8 to a GTS is like going from an ok girlfriend to a supermodel and because they both have boobs you don't see a big difference. As you're a kiwi maybe it's better explained as going from a Dorset to a Merino and because they both have wooley hindquarters there's no difference
    LMAO!!! Funny stuff. Good way of explaining it! (What do you think ZMAN??)

love your work ByfordBlade.

claynz three years away is quite a bit early for info on the vf for sure.

#21 2001 VX R8 series II
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport
    #779 2010 E2 GTS

Its gonna have wheels, at least one engine, and probably crap under the headlight daytime running lights...

By the way, my 2006 R8 is a lot better than OK.
    '06 VE Clubsport R8 - I just GOT one!!

ok ByfordBlade, I get your point lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ByfordBlade View Post

It took me a bit to justify the extra cost of the GTS but when I got the keys I felt it was worth it. Agree though, it would be nice for HSV to consider a "wish list" from its customers as there are a few things I'd like to see on the next model (not including a touch screen to look like crap after it's covered in fingerprints).
    I wouldn't say its going from an ok girlfriend to a supermodel, but going from a 2006 R8 to a 2010 GTS is like going to a hotter,better handling Girlfriend but 4 years younger.

Just the fact that she is a younger model is worth the extra $$.

breifly looked at it in latest mag said its got lt1 335kw 610nm looks good from the front

Quote Originally Posted by senta View Post
    breifly looked at it in latest mag said its got lt1 335kw 610nm looks good from the front
    If in fact that IS what it looks like ... no one except HSV knows at the moment. The rest is all speculation.
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

Thread Information