HSV Forum

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last >>

Going going....gone

Huge news!

https://www.caradvice.com.au/827459/...rive-globally/

I really don't know how the whole "GMSV" thing will go unless they can start bringing them in cheaper or trim the fat off the margins.

GM .. is dead in the water too

Just how will they sustain a dealer network
    with stuff all sales (like seriously, who will
    have anything to do with GM ?? )
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Just came to post this.. RIP
    Another article on the topic; https://www.9news.com.au/national/ho...d-b2fea77dcd21
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4

#21 2001 VX R8 series II (HSV Racing Green)
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport (Phanton Black)
    #771 2010 E2 GTS (wildfire)

A very sad day, ramifications everywhere,...Holden Racing Team, V8 Supercars, Remaining Camaro sale pricing, spare parts, etc, etc,....a bit hard to comprehend at the moment, it's all so sudden,.......and so......."Final".
    Pickles.

whats next for HSV??

Quote Originally Posted by markalan1two View Post
    whats next for HSV??
    They should hopefully keep booming. More conversions. Would be nice to see Cadillac but might be wishful thinking. They'd be up there in price if they needed to be converted...on that note, what would people be willing to pay for a CTS-V?

Wonder if they'll change their name? Surely at some point in time.

Yes now I understand what HSV is doing. My question was how could they end up going against Holden with the next line-up?

Now we know, I guess HSV may need to make use of that land and build a ? fourth assembly unit.
    I can only guess they will build limited numbers, however if sales do well, simply do another run of say 500-1000 of the same car in the next series. How good is HSV at RHD conversion, the answer excellent. It all adds up now Walkinshaw must have known this was coming???

If you own a Holden or HSV the annual loss in value has just been cut in half, okay if you own a barina maybe not.
    Yes those Holden two doors in stock, what will they sell for, I can see some dealers holding out and maybe some buying
    stock at cost from dealers that close.
    Not that is makes any difference, Shacks Freo sold the land for? 20M the end of Holden would not have effected that land sale price.

So Ford stays, Holden goes?

In ending Holden must provide 10 years of parts, IOT sell one new car/model.

Why does the Fed Govt pay out on GMH now saying we put all this money into it, they starting the closing of manufacturing here now the USA had stopped supply, lets start driving on the other side of the road, it may catch on lol.

The HSV Colorado build section (separate building to the US builds) will soon become available due to Sportcat production being suspended effective immediately ... GM sold their Thailand assets to Great Wall a few weeks ago so it’s definitely goodbye to the Colorado .... so they will have additional space and capacity to expand conversions if needs prevails
    GR

Bite off more than you can chew .... then chew like hell to you've eaten it!

My first car was a Ford...Go Ford.
    VF GTS 2013 - BUILD #238
    VF Sen 2016
    VF SS-V Redline 2017

I don't know what HSV will do.
    I've heard that GM may create a "GMSV" operation to convert "niche" vehicles, but I can see obstacles with that,...mainly COST.
    Conversion costs have been a major issue in the retail price for Camaro. And Walkinshaw have had to do all their ADR work etc before hand, it all adds up. Walkinshaw would need to sell a fair number of each vehicle for it to be financially viable. Maybe GM will allow HSV a buying price that will allow a reasonable retail price?
    And of course, with no Holden Dealers, who is going to sell/service/provide spare parts etc for them?
    I simply have no idea, but I wish Walkinshaw/HSV all the best, they've always produced a quality product.
    Pickles.

Thread Information