HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Tire Pressure Monitoring System....Tyre Change...?

I will shortly have to get a new set of tires on the GTSR, which has a TPMS.
    I've read a bit in the manual about how these things work, and that if tires/rims are changed etc, the TPMS may not work as it should, & so have to be scanned/re-set etc?
    Is this correct, and if so, if I go to a Bob Jane T Mart, Donnelans etc etc, will they be aware of this, so that with new tires on, TPMS will work as it should?
    As I've been very happy with my Dealer servicing, my Dealer says He can do the tires, but I was wondering whether they'd have the up to date gear & expertise that tire outlets do, especially for 20" rims etc?
    Has anybody had tire changes on VF, and how was your TPMS?
    Pickles.

All good same as gts unless they swap sides just ask them to remount on the same side. Resetting is easy but takes 5-10 minutes.

I had hsv freo fit 295 35 20's. on the hoist they said they would not fit but once the car was on the ground, perfect no need to touch the gaurds.
    If your suss on the shop take photos of your callipers paint and.... pad thickness if really suss.
    Lazy workers on load the wheels by sitting them on the callipar first this can cause some good scratches. Most times its all good. Also check the psi nothing like having 50 cold psi still in your new tyres.
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 28-01-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    All good same as gts unless they swap sides just ask them to remount on the same side. Resetting is easy but takes 5-10 minutes.
    So, wheels only have to go back "same side"?...do wheels have to be in the same "position" on the hub, ie, hub bolts in same holes in wheels etc? Tire shops would be aware of all this stuff wouldn't they?What do you mean by re-setting?
    Pickles.

Some time back .... about 10 years ago there was a thread about this that Richo and I we’re commenting on ... it gives the reset instructions ... hopefully someone can search it out
    GR

Bite off more than you can chew .... then chew like hell to you've eaten it!

No the tpms is attached to the valve then wireless.
    Of course any alloy rim is reverse removed and mounted as to not rip the tpm off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    Some time back .... about 10 years ago there was a thread about this that Richo and I we’re commenting on ... it gives the reset instructions ... hopefully someone can search it out

I believe the re-learn feature changed from VE to VF and you need a Tech2 or equivalent to enable the sensor to send a signal in order for the system to register it.

With VE you could just change the pressure slightly or use a magnet but that doesn't work on VF's.

As long as the rim goes on the same spot, there shouldn't be an issue. If you were rotating tyres and swapping locations then it would be more difficult (or easier to get the dealer to do it). Position on the hub doesn't matter.

I had to reset my MY15 GTS. the indicators stay on in turn then change the psi by at least 5 psi on that wheel. indicator flashes then the next one comes on (not flashing ) etc. No workshop needed.

In 2017 I did an event at Eastern Creek, so fitted a set of Yokohama tyres. Last year replaced the Yokohama's
    with Bridgestone's. I must be lucky but haven't had any warning light message or lights etc.
    On the track the pressures will go up & down depending on heat cycles.
    At any given time I can check pressures through the display.
    It will only give me a warning if the pressure drops in 1 tyre, compared to the others.
    I have NEVER had to reset or pay attention to which side of the car the tyres go back on...Maybe I've just been lucky????
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

Thank you all for your replies.
    From what I've learned in the last few days, I believe that as long as the wheels are returned to their original location, there should be no worries.
    Pickles.

Thread Information