HSV Forum

Thread: Nature Strikes

Nature Strikes

Hoping everyone's pride and joy has survived the recent disasters.
    I know of a few early-Monaro's and later HSV's that perished in the NSW South Coast fires.
    Flooding now up in QLD.

Canberra also copped a battering of golf ball sized hail - anyone caught in that would be written off.
    Word is Merc's and Bimmer's worth $80k are given the death note, our HSV's wouldn't fair any better.

More importantly, hope we're all doing fine and at worst it's only the loss of belongings!

My HSV and EH live in the garage under cover, so they were fine. Our brand new Model X delivered Christmas Eve was outside when the hail was about to hit SW Sydney where we live. Neighbours have offered to house my partners old VE SV6 in their garage till we put it up for sale in two weeks.

A quick swap of the cars proved a smart thing with the Tesla being dent free and the SV6 copped a fair beating. So much for selling it in two weeks now. It'll be 6 months before it gets repaired probably.

We are flying out of the country on Friday, so no chance to get the repairs under way before we go.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_sv6 View Post
    My HSV and EH live in the garage under cover, so they were fine. Our brand new Model X delivered Christmas Eve was outside when the hail was about to hit SW Sydney where we live. Neighbours have offered to house my partners old VE SV6 in their garage till we put it up for sale in two weeks.

A quick swap of the cars proved a smart thing with the Tesla being dent free and the SV6 copped a fair beating. So much for selling it in two weeks now. It'll be 6 months before it gets repaired probably.

We are flying out of the country on Friday, so no chance to get the repairs under way before we go.
    SV6,....Not bad enough to be a write off?
    We had a car badly damaged by hail several years ago, it's NOT a pleasant experience. I'm not into climate change, but I just think hail seems to be more prevalent now than it used to be.
    Pickles.

No it won't be written off with the damage this time. Guess is between $1000-$2000 for dentless repairs.

Late 2018 , early 2019 we had three cars in the different parts of Sydney hail damaged. My SV6 (not this one just damaged) got a half dozen decent sized dents, my son had a loan car as his was in the smash repairs, it was probably a write off as it was really badly damaged, and my daughter ended up with her 5.5 year old Kia Rio written off and replaced under her new for old for life insurance policy.

So we are kind of used to hail in our family and tend to embrace it for the older cars with our really good insurance.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

TV can only show so much, SA has been hit hard K Island is more than half lost. This will continue for months. At the same time Adelaide is great this time of year, bloody cyclists everywhere though its crazy can't SA's afford cars the road are shite lol.

Thread Information