HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_sv6 View Post
    Give me a call if you want to borrow one of my trackers. It will record/remember all movements of the car and speed reached (it won't know the difference between on a truck or under it's own power).

I can unplug from one of mine and send to you if you want. I'm not on here so much lately, maybe text me if you want, but I will try and remember to come and check in the next few days.
    Thanks for the offer, unfortunately the cars were picked up on Thursday so that boat has sailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was with Army I had an Australian fake BMW Alpina with the works, engine wheels, pin stripes the lot from the unauthorised franchisee. The variability of his replicas which was about the best you could do down under pre M Series - debated on other forums (usually negative). It was back then when real estate agent rental managers didn't all have BMWs. The full Alpina kit sure makes a prominent BMW even louder appearence wise. Sydney to Townsville and Sydney to Adelaide, sure the govt used the cheapest cheaper provider. Everything was fine both times even the snow plough spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by SenatorW View Post
    When I was with Army I had an Australian fake BMW Alpina with the works, engine wheels, pin stripes the lot from the unauthorised franchisee. The variability of his replicas which was about the best you could do down under pre M Series - debated on other forums (usually negative). It was back then when real estate agent rental managers didn't all have BMWs. The full Alpina kit sure makes a prominent BMW even louder appearence wise. Sydney to Townsville and Sydney to Adelaide, sure the govt used the cheapest cheaper provider. Everything was fine both times even the snow plough spoiler.
    I will be honest there were a few nerve racking moments as the cars were loaded. Golf had no issues, but even at stock height the GTS took some extra attention to get on. The driver mentioned that the new Camero are easy, except the ZL1 which required the same attention as the GTS.

Had a mate a few years ago had his Subaru liberty moved from Townsville to Sydney. On arrival he found someone had left the sunroof open and it had rained quite a bit during its travel. I am just hoping for no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    I will be honest there were a few nerve racking moments as the cars were loaded. Golf had no issues, but even at stock height the GTS took some extra attention to get on. The driver mentioned that the new Camero are easy, except the ZL1 which required the same attention as the GTS.

Had a mate a few years ago had his Subaru liberty moved from Townsville to Sydney. On arrival he found someone had left the sunroof open and it had rained quite a bit during its travel. I am just hoping for no issues.

Good luck, I have a feeling that after your words re the Camaro loading, your cars will be OK.
    Pickles.

Had a Series One Range Rover in storage for two years and then moved from West to East (Defence Force service). Vehicle had been damaged on rear quarter during the final loading; no hassles at all, transport company just paid panel beater of my choice.
    Close to 30 years however may see a slightly different insurance climate.

Thread Information