HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

East to West move

In a few days I will be handing over the GTS and my Golf R to PRIXCAR to transport them to Perth.
    Work is paying for the move, so I donít get a choice in which company, so I can only assume it went to the lowest bidder.
    Is there anything in particular I should do, check or look for prior to handing them over and when i collect in almost 3 weeks time?

.. I use PRIX CAR to move our company fleet around the country (as required)

Just make sure the paperwork is checked and complete.. and that simple stuff (like BOTH sets of keys)
    is listed and accounted for. Condition reports obviously need most attention

ps.. your car WILL be filthy when it arrives so be more critical when checking it
    when offloading
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

So they won't be covered?
    The only thing I've heard is to try & get a truck where it stays on the one truck all the way, so doesn't have to be driven much. However, Prixcar are a pretty professional organization, so I reckon you'll be right.
    All the same, I'd be checking speedo readings. Do they give you a "condition" report of your car when you leave it?
    Pickles.

As all phones these days time/date stamp photos and videos why not video it in their complex when you drop it off showing the current condition and pointing out any marks going over all panels in detail, tell them you are videoing the cars condition and even have one of their inspectors present during filming if they wish to point out any marks, scratches for the video report. Be sure when filming you show the building so it's proven you were dropping it off, show the date and the time on a different phone by google searching "current time Sydney" you now have no get out of jail cards for them and they are aware you filmed it and did so with one of their inspectors.

Film the km and the condition of the inside of the car too.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Take Smitty’s advice ... do your Manifest/Survey accurately including underbody (front bars) and make sure it’s lodged ... take a photo of the pick up drivers device with your manifest data ... then make 100% sure you sign for the cars in WA yourself .... Prixcar use 90% contractors and each one has to do his own survey ... your cars should get surveyed at least 4 times over the duration .... of the outgoing survey doesn’t match the receiving survey you then lodge your claim and Prixcar will hold the driver accountable ... sure it’s a lot of due-diligence but you can make your own luck if you follow these instructions
    GR

Bite off more than you can chew .... then chew like hell to you've eaten it!

Thanks for all the info guys.

I move a lot for work but this is the first time I will have my cars transported. But the process seems similar to the actual move of my house with the addition of some car specific stuff. I have been burnt a few times previously, so I will be all over it tomorrow making sure every i is dotted and T crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've transported around a dozen (very nice show-quality) cars East-West & West-East over the past 20yrs and only had 1 bad experience (via a cheap mob....never again!) You should be ok but an additional bit of advice I'd offer is this: phone up the WA branch and speak with the manager and explain that you're a car-nut....ask him to ensure the cars aren't cleaned and request he be present with you when you do the pick-up. I haven't had a manager decline this request as most are car guys too. This also "puts them on notice" not to let the apprentices near the cars
    And welcome to the West mate - you'll LOVE it here.....there's HEAPS of awesome cars of all types over hear and our nice weather ensures most are out on the roads where they belong

Had 3 good pri-x moves one bad. They hosed the 2017 astra down in front of us. great, now it needs a polish to get Perth water sun dried on the paint off.
    Anyway acid on the bonnet long weekend so three day's later I got through must have happened whilst I had the car, what a joke, they must have had an old car above.
    I will have my car washed as I did prior to pickup even if I need a dude with water and car port to do it at the airport / car depot.
    I used a car tracker, it went Townsville to south brisbane over night then two weeks after moved to the train line almost overnight again. Then sat at customs Perth train station for a few days. We collected in place of delivery. If they wash your car for you that could do some serious damage. When they move a new car it's owned by the car dealer until you sign for it wrt condition. New car dealers are big business your company not so that's why they push you to get your own insurance.
    These days thieft and kms are not such an issue, they drive non stop then park in locked compounds. Pri ex do have great security and staff but have been known to pass over obvious damage. I should have pushed my claim acid is acid not much else keeps eating into the metal.... Cheers
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 02-01-2020 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks for the extra tips. I was going to give the Perth office a call and see if I can pick up from the depot to hopefully save a day or two as the current delivery is to the door and falls on the day I start work. I will definitely request that it isnít washed and take care of that myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give me a call if you want to borrow one of my trackers. It will record/remember all movements of the car and speed reached (it won't know the difference between on a truck or under it's own power).

I can unplug from one of mine and send to you if you want. I'm not on here so much lately, maybe text me if you want, but I will try and remember to come and check in the next few days.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Thread Information