HSV Forum


Page 2 of 2 First << 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sth West Syd ��
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_sv6 View Post
    Give me a call if you want to borrow one of my trackers. It will record/remember all movements of the car and speed reached (it won't know the difference between on a truck or under it's own power).

    I can unplug from one of mine and send to you if you want. I'm not on here so much lately, maybe text me if you want, but I will try and remember to come and check in the next few days.
    Thanks for the offer, unfortunately the cars were picked up on Thursday so that boat has sailed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    180
    When I was with Army I had an Australian fake BMW Alpina with the works, engine wheels, pin stripes the lot from the unauthorised franchisee. The variability of his replicas which was about the best you could do down under pre M Series - debated on other forums (usually negative). It was back then when real estate agent rental managers didn't all have BMWs. The full Alpina kit sure makes a prominent BMW even louder appearence wise. Sydney to Townsville and Sydney to Adelaide, sure the govt used the cheapest cheaper provider. Everything was fine both times even the snow plough spoiler.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sth West Syd ��
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by SenatorW View Post
    When I was with Army I had an Australian fake BMW Alpina with the works, engine wheels, pin stripes the lot from the unauthorised franchisee. The variability of his replicas which was about the best you could do down under pre M Series - debated on other forums (usually negative). It was back then when real estate agent rental managers didn't all have BMWs. The full Alpina kit sure makes a prominent BMW even louder appearence wise. Sydney to Townsville and Sydney to Adelaide, sure the govt used the cheapest cheaper provider. Everything was fine both times even the snow plough spoiler.
    I will be honest there were a few nerve racking moments as the cars were loaded. Golf had no issues, but even at stock height the GTS took some extra attention to get on. The driver mentioned that the new Camero are easy, except the ZL1 which required the same attention as the GTS.

    Had a mate a few years ago had his Subaru liberty moved from Townsville to Sydney. On arrival he found someone had left the sunroof open and it had rained quite a bit during its travel. I am just hoping for no issues.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,700
    Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    I will be honest there were a few nerve racking moments as the cars were loaded. Golf had no issues, but even at stock height the GTS took some extra attention to get on. The driver mentioned that the new Camero are easy, except the ZL1 which required the same attention as the GTS.

    Had a mate a few years ago had his Subaru liberty moved from Townsville to Sydney. On arrival he found someone had left the sunroof open and it had rained quite a bit during its travel. I am just hoping for no issues.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good luck, I have a feeling that after your words re the Camaro loading, your cars will be OK.
    Pickles.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Keiraville, NSW
    Posts
    1,056
    Had a Series One Range Rover in storage for two years and then moved from West to East (Defence Force service). Vehicle had been damaged on rear quarter during the final loading; no hassles at all, transport company just paid panel beater of my choice.
    Close to 30 years however may see a slightly different insurance climate.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    180
    How's the move going? Any developments? I still think the WA shops represent the best chance of having it engineered etc. Best wishes.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sth West Syd ��
    Posts
    1,570

    East to West move

    Quote Originally Posted by SenatorW View Post
    How's the move going? Any developments? I still think the WA shops represent the best chance of having it engineered etc. Best wishes.
    We arrived just over two weeks ago, picked up the GTS Friday and it was all good. Golf is getting dropped of tomorrow as it got stuck in Adelaide due to a back log due to fires between SA and WA.
    Finally moving into a place near Scarborough tomorrow and will be giving both cars a good wash on the weekend.

    As for engineering, I have until Nov when the NSW rego runs out to get it done. When I get some time I will go see the workshops and see who is willing to help.

    In the meantime hoping to get to the strip sometime soon, and maybe roll racing in March if work permits.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FollowTheSapper; 1 Hour Ago at 08:38 AM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,700
    Glad all went well, Pickles.







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •