HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

GTSR Fuel System

Hi all

I was hoping someone could tell me where I could find specs on the GTSR fuel system that tell you the max hp the stock system is good to or, if anyone knows at what HP should you upgrade the system.

I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me

Cheers

Anymore than 14% over drive on the blower with the stock cam and injectors requires a voltage booster pump on the FPCM.

The voltage booster is good for around 140mph HP level on petrol.

This basically means all modified LSA's require a booster pump, if you don't have one you ARE dropping fuel pressure.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

I find it amusing that all the power packages offer upgraded injectors but the pump still can't supply enough fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    I find it amusing that all the power packages offer upgraded injectors but the pump still can't supply enough fuel.
    ha ha yep just put big enough injectors on that u can still feed the cylinders as pressure decreases... very poor way to do it

Maybe they aren't logging fuel pressure...
    Maybe if you fall over out the front of their shop they will check to see if you are breathing but wont bother checking for a heartbeat pulse...

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR

posting in two places, whilst shopping on ebay. HP Tuners nGAUGE is sold out at $659, all I would like to do is monitor the IAT2
    any idea .. The ngauge is a great piece of kit if you don't have EDI on a modified car.

https://vcmstore.com.au/collections/...nt=33179957135

If you are buying fuel injectors research why you can buy a set for $100 and then over $1500!
    Their is an injector test machine that shows how bad cheap injectors are this is a basic system that seems to work well if you utube an expert using one:
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...0&vt=0&eim=1,6

Life was much easier on production motor bikes, I brought top tyres and plugs and held on for my life. Tas.

You can get iat2 on your phone for about $20
    Buy an ELM327MINI from eBay and download Torque pro for android or fusion OBDII for iPhone

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Anymore than 14% over drive on the blower with the stock cam and injectors requires a voltage booster pump on the FPCM.

The voltage booster is good for around 140mph HP level on petrol.

This basically means all modified LSA's require a booster pump, if you don't have one you ARE dropping fuel pressure.
    So the common sense approach would be if you upgrade your injectors and super charger and the car will be running around 750 - 850 RWHP, you should always upgrade your fuel system to feed the pistons because if you don't that would cause the engine to lean out at the higher speeds,
    is that what would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Griza GTSR View Post
    So the common sense approach would be if you upgrade your injectors and super charger and the car will be running around 750 - 850 RWHP, you should always upgrade your fuel system to feed the pistons because if you don't that would cause the engine to lean out at the higher speeds,
    is that what would happen?
    The pump will be out of puff well before 750rwhp. Injectors are good for about 550rwhp if a boost a pump is fitted as it will allow slightly more flow out of the injector but it's definitely advisable to upgrade them at this point also. Ensure your tuner logs AFR, knock, fuel pressure and injector duty cycle. If they can't (or won't) show you these things, find another tuner.
    As a ballpark, you want an AFR around 11.5-12 on a boosted motor, fuel pressure of 65PSI and duty cycle not really higher than 85%.

You don't need to "feed the pistons" but you do need enough fuel to keep the engine safe.

There is some good reading in this thread.
    http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthrea...e-is-your-tune

The pump will be out of puff well before 750rwhp. Injectors are good for about 550rwhp if a boost a pump is fitted as it will allow slightly more flow out of the injector but it's definitely advisable to upgrade them at this point also. Ensure your tuner logs AFR, knock, fuel pressure and injector duty cycle. If they can't (or won't) show you these things, find another tuner.
    As a ballpark, you want an AFR around 11.5-12 on a boosted motor, fuel pressure of 65PSI and duty cycle not really higher than 85%.

You don't need to "feed the pistons" but you do need enough fuel to keep the engine safe.

There is some good reading in this thread.
    http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthrea...e-is-your-tune
    Thanks a lot for that info brother,
    The so called machenic/turner who put 1650cc injectors with a 4.5litre super charger on my car and didn't put the upgraded fuel system in, which I requested and was quoted and charged for, has told me that my car didn't need a bigger fuel system and when the engine failed on his dyno because he done over 50 runs and couldn't work out why he couldn't tune it and didn't realize the piston had gone he thought it was 4th gear that was damaged

He still to this day claims that the stock fuel system was more the enough to run at 750RWHP

Thread Information