HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    Id check what was done to heads. The ls7 is known for dropping valves. Checkout corvette forum
    Yep, Probably original cause of failure.
    Remove anything titanium.
    Nice for race Engines which get serviced (rebuilt) regularly.

Cubes gets the boobs and boost gets them loose

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...?fullsite=true

Further than he wants to go, but note removal of Titanium rods, for Oliver billet. Seems on Corvette forum rebuilds are premium I beam rods, (Callies Ultra I etc), non titanium valve train even for NA.

Yeah wow I wouldn't have thought it to be the case but after some reading it def looks like those titanium rods should be swapped out for peace of mind. You may need to throw a bit more cash at it to get it to reliable longevity levels, it might be worth reconsidering your options.

Still be uber cool to be running a blown LS7 tho, rebuild with premium callies rotating assembly, suitable boost Cam, enjoy for a few years while you save up, then supercharger goes on! That'd be my plan of attack, but yours is probably going to be different.

VF R8 LS3, Harrop 2300 FDFI, 1⅞ coated headers, 3" catback, 4L reservoir, 3L surge, 575rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by ed.harris View Post
    I would do but I would remove the Titanium Rods as they have a shorter run life.
    Search the Corvette forum on LS7 Titanium rods.
    Plenty there to read.

More cubes are the go
    Has the engine been converted to Wet Sump?
    Hi Ed, the exhaust valves are stainless and it's now wet-sump, cheers Gary
    p.s. thanks for taking me for that run in your beast

Quote Originally Posted by SenatorW View Post
    http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...?fullsite=true

Further than he wants to go, but note removal of Titanium rods, for Oliver billet. Seems on Corvette forum rebuilds are premium I beam rods, (Callies Ultra I etc), non titanium valve train even for NA.
    Thanks mate, read that article a while back when I was "planning" to build the Senator up to around 700rwhp. I'd allocated around $70K for the build and was only a month or so away from pulling the trigger when the new C8 Corvette was announced. As a long-time vette-tragic I placed my $5K EOI deposit and am eagerly waiting. Not surprisingly, the war-office clipped my Senator budget (I think she thought to $0 ) so for now it'll just be NA and pretty stock (other than the exhaust valve replacement to SS, wet-sump & roller rockers). cheers gary

Any time there is dissimilar metal contact, heat rates and wearing can vary considerably. Prudence and frequent checking is required. Go talk to a metallurgical engineer who is in the engine business for guidance.

Hi guys - hurdle #1 is over. Just received "Approved in Principle" letter from DoT. Now just enquiring with a "Recognised Signatory" to help with the next steps which include: 1: Dyno full range report before & after swap. 2: Swept volume test. 3: Engine number confirmation. 4: Emissions equip hasn't been removed. 5: A 5-gas emission test report.

Will keep you posted, cheers gary.

Active will be able to facilitate your needs - they have the correct equipment and the Engineer availability to tick all your boxes ... provided it’s correct of course
    GR

Bite off more than you can chew .... then chew like hell to you've eaten it!

Thread Information