HSV Forum


Page 4 of 5 First << ... 2345 Last >>
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: New ZL1 owner

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by ZL1__Steve View Post
    Andrew,
    Yeah, when the ZL1 is started from cold or after a while of being off, they initially idle at 1000 rpm and sound good and loud however once they warm up the idle drops to like 600rpm and that's when they go quiet. I assume you looked at one at a dealership so they had it running from dead cold for a minute or so? If not and it was modified? Who did it and what is the name of the shop? Thanks.

    White Lie,
    It would be nice if the ZL1 was louder so an exhaust system upgrade is definitely on the books. I may just try and import a cat back system from America however i really would prefer to listen to the system prior to purchase and youtube vids donít really give a real world feeling. From what i have read online a pod type air filter gives decent power gains with added supercharger whine which is a bonus and add a slight boost increase so with a tune to suit all that i would be happy. I watched the American interchiller vids and donít really understand how it works and am not sure if that's a left hand drive part that will now fit to our right hand drive cars? As for your comments about ignore everything and go see Motor Torque, well that's exactly the general posts i received on another Holden based car forum for the GTSR and guess what? The highly recommended performance shop made the GTSR horrible. I only assume that others live with less than acceptable standards once their car is modified. I mean would you accept it if your car stalled every 3rd time you came to a stop at lights? If you couldnít drive it for at least 2-3 minutes after starting it from cold as it wouldnít even drive off and just stall? When coming to a sudden stop the car would lurch forward half a car length then stall? The car would labour worse than it was stock due to the performance shop saying that i had to drive the auto in manual mode to suit the upgraded cam as they donít recommend tuning the gearbox?

    Mark,
    If they actually have a ZL1, i will wait till they have finished with it and more than likely ask them to do the exact same mods to mine if i am happy with the way their car preforms. I have called a few shops and when asked if they have a ZL1, there is a long pause prior to claiming that they are waiting on theirs to arrive and yet i should pop in and see what they do as they are sure they can mod mine, oh and none of the shops i have called mentioned anything about the computer being locked like White Lie mentioned in a previous post. I donít want to be a test mule for anyone.
    You seem to be more observant than the average person, which ignorant people translate that to being pedantic when in fact its reasonable to expect what you expect

    My experience with countless performance shops has each time been not upto standard and now i revert to minimal mods or buy a better sorted factory car depending on your needs

    The other issue is even if they get it right then being reliable is a problem

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    6
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I will wait till Performance shops start advertising their achievements with the Camaro platform. If itís going to be a while, then so be it.

    Craze,
    Best post thus far. Exactly how I felt after my GTSR experience.

    Cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by ZL1__Steve; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:20 AM. Reason: Typo

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by ZL1__Steve View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I will wait till Performance shops start advertising their achievements with the Camaro platform. If it’s going to be a while, then so be it.

    Craze,
    Best post thus far. Exactly how I felt after my GTSR experience.

    Cheers,
    Steve
    Did you end up getting you GTSR sorted??

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    You seem to be more observant than the average person, which ignorant people translate that to being pedantic when in fact its reasonable to expect what you expect

    My experience with countless performance shops has each time been not upto standard and now i revert to minimal mods or buy a better sorted factory car depending on your needs

    The other issue is even if they get it right then being reliable is a problem
    I agree 100% with your statement. It is not only reasonable, but to be expected, that when you pay money to get
    a job done, you expect it to be at a minimum 100%. So many trades & services have the "she'll be right approach".

    I absolutely "HATE" with a passion having to take one of my cars somewhere for repairs or mods that I cant do myself because
    you can bet money that sweatiest, biggest tradie will sit in the car at the end of the day without a seat cover or floor mats with
    no regard to the car or owner.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all shops are the same, bu I'm always stressed to the max when my car is away.....
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,688
    Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    I agree 100% with your statement. It is not only reasonable, but to be expected, that when you pay money to get
    a job done, you expect it to be at a minimum 100%. So many trades & services have the "she'll be right approach".

    I absolutely "HATE" with a passion having to take one of my cars somewhere for repairs or mods that I cant do myself because
    you can bet money that sweatiest, biggest tradie will sit in the car at the end of the day without a seat cover or floor mats with
    no regard to the car or owner.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all shops are the same, bu I'm always stressed to the max when my car is away.....
    +1
    Pickles.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    5,140
    Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    I agree 100% with your statement. It is not only reasonable, but to be expected, that when you pay money to get
    a job done, you expect it to be at a minimum 100%. So many trades & services have the "she'll be right approach".

    I absolutely "HATE" with a passion having to take one of my cars somewhere for repairs or mods that I cant do myself because
    you can bet money that sweatiest, biggest tradie will sit in the car at the end of the day without a seat cover or floor mats with
    no regard to the car or owner.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all shops are the same, bu I'm always stressed to the max when my car is away.....
    100% agree I have trust issues and only let those I truly trust work on both of my cars.
    If not I do it myself

    2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    763
    Ive got a list and so many stories of piss poor shops in se suburbs

    From blowing my gearbox to brake fluid all in the engine bay ive got many stories from 15 plus years
    Whining diffs from 3 different shops

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Ive got a list and so many stories of piss poor shops in se suburbs

    From blowing my gearbox to brake fluid all in the engine bay ive got many stories from 15 plus years
    Whining diffs from 3 different shops
    Not to wonder to far off topic, but I think duty of care, ethics, pride in workmanship, passion etc are qualities that
    are quickly disappearing in the motor trade.
    Not to start a fight with anyone, but panel beaters are the worst.
    When I had the rear guards widened on my VE I stressed to the panel shop owner that in his eye's it may
    just be an old VE, but to me it's like a child. Anyway, got it back & it had over spray all over it.
    They even got over spray on the dash. Little things like the rubber on the inside of the fuel filler flap had over spray.
    Took me weeks to remove it all. All because of the panel shops lack of passion...........
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    147
    My bad experiences with tuning shops will be more or less guaranteeing my next car will be a Tesla.

    I already own one but its in Hong Kong and I wont be going back there anytime soon.

    The new raven upgrade with better magnet motors and suspension is good but going to wait for the new battery chemistry out in the next year or so.

    You can't really modify them but by the same token you don't really need to.

    Still in 2 minds over if i should drive my GTS into the ground and use it up like disposable undies or keep it mint and sell it as a down payment on the next Tesla.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    930
    The only thing electric should be your toaster
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •