HSV Forum

Page 3 of 3 First << 123

Thread: Stolen Senator

All u need to know is there insurance company and call them direct

Same as if u have accident and not at fault insist to get their insurance details and then claim direct

They will try and trick u into thinking you need to call ur insurance company as its underwritten by only a few companies

The assholes just want their excess paid

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    All u need to know is there insurance company and call them direct

Same as if u have accident and not at fault insist to get their insurance details and then claim direct

They will try and trick u into thinking you need to call ur insurance company as its underwritten by only a few companies

The assholes just want their excess paid
    Yes.
    This is the advice I have been given.

They have not yet given me this information and it may take some legal intervention to make this happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like 'em LOUD

Surely the quickest outcome would be for you to claim through your insurance & then let them argue who is at fault?
    If the shop is found in fault you will get your excess back....
    That's why we pay insurance, to take the burden & stress away???
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

Not all insurance companies refund the excess
    In fact a lot of cheaper companies charge it to make a claim regardless
    Of whos at fault

Ive got rating 1 for life perfect history, even named my drivers and paid extra
    Yet when the apprentice smashed the van its marked against me and premium went up $300 a year

The whole insurance industry is a bloody scam but still better with it than without

One of my
    Other cars in 12 months racv deemed it to drop 40% in value
    Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    Surely the quickest outcome would be for you to claim through your insurance & then let them argue who is at fault?
    If the shop is found in fault you will get your excess back....
    That's why we pay insurance, to take the burden & stress away???
    You would think so.

I have asked them to pursue the workshop and the workshop’s insurer for damages and recovery of the loss.

They said no.

Problem is that the workshop is the insurance company’s and the car was in their care while being assessed after a previous accident (on route to my chosen repairer), which was already being claimed as a “No fault” claim.

I can’t see them arguing with themselves, so kind of a conflict of interest if they are supposedly representing me.

(They aren’t. Insurance policies typically invoke legal remedies only to limit their own loss, not the policy holders)

They are now trying to get me to cancel my initial claim and initiate a new claim for a stolen vehicle, (which holds the as yet unidentified criminals liable - with an almost zero likelyhood of them ever recovering their loss), and carries an excess, (refundable if they recover their costs - i.e. never), and in case of a total loss, a penalty against my rating one.

Oh, and the new claim would also terminate my recently paid insurance policy with them, (without refund)...

It would be definitely much quicker if I would just agree to go along with them, but it would also leave me many thousands of dollars out of pocket, without a car, (And not enough of a payout to replace it with something similar), and with the prospect of significantly more expensive insurance in the future.

I like 'em LOUD

This is now a situation where Fair Trading (NSW) or the Vic equivalent needs to be contacted. Sometimes just the threat is enough to pull them into line.
    Choice magazine (if a member) and AM state radio station 3AW could be worthy contacts.

Dont file another claim

Claims progress from something small to something big

Just tell them a claim is already open

Fair trading do nothing sorry

Quote Originally Posted by grange250 View Post
    This is now a situation where Fair Trading (NSW) or the Vic equivalent needs to be contacted. Sometimes just the threat is enough to pull them into line.
    Choice magazine (if a member) and AM state radio station 3AW could be worthy contacts.
    AFCA have been contacted, but can’t/won’t get involved until the insurance company has the chance to respond to the complaint.

They get 45 days to do so.

I’m not a choice member and still hopeful of an agreeable settlement so going to any media is premature.

I like 'em LOUD

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Dont file another claim

Claims progress from something small to something big

Just tell them a claim is already open

Fair trading do nothing sorry
    This is what I expected to happen.

And you are right, Consumer Affairs referred me to the AFCA.

I like 'em LOUD

The simple fix is always claim on your insurance for the quickest easiest settlement, but you will always suffer a penalty claiming on your own policy even if a no fault claim. No fault claim or at fault claim still counts as claim on any insurance companies quoting system algorithm. You should never do what your insurance company wants if there are other options because there a business & there one goal is to make money not spend money.

With a not at fault claim it is always best to never use your insurance policy because there is zero penalties your way because your not making a claim the other party is, but the problem is unless the other party makes a claim there insurance company doesn't care about you. The only way forward in that case is legal action against at fault party who then have to act & will then make a claim against there insurance as they don't want to deal with legal proceedings. It is however a very drawn out process which is why the norm is claim against your policy & let the insurance companies work it out.

Nut shell if you have the time to wait for payout & can deal with frustrating paperwork never claim on your policy when not at fault, it's not the norm because it's not convenient.

Thread Information