HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    I have funny story relating to this. But i rather not put it on hsv forum. But what i can tell you is that VCM are one of the good guys in the industry. I can always send you a message with my number if you are really curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VF GTS 2013 - BUILD #238
    VF Sen 2016
    VF SS-V Redline 2017

All good man I don't even have an LSA I was just curious, as are probably the others on here who do have an LSA...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Looks like a really well designed product.
    I look forward to testing it out.

Track testing will be the best decider on what gains are possible.
    Once you are at speed the OTR can build up a small level of pressure prior to the blower.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Quote Originally Posted by commander_dan View Post
    Will it need to get retuned to see what you picked up? What are you expecting?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    From what I can see/understand, it doesn't allow placement for a MAF? So yes, you'll definitely need a retune.

Quote Originally Posted by GTS2017 View Post
    The retune - 2013 GTS Auto. Running 14psi 381kw with nearly a 1000nm at 963.
    Seems like a waste of money for the power output you're running at. 14PSI and a touch over 500rwhp is on the low side. What did it make prior to this? New snout and intake is probably worth what, 3k? Many people are making the same power or more with a pod intake and similar boost to what you're running for a fraction of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    Once you are at speed the OTR can build up a small level of pressure prior to the blower.
    It will only build up pressure if the butterfly is closed, partially closed or there's some other restriction there. The blower itself will gobble up any and all air coming in to it. Even at 150MPH, the air speed going in to the supercharger would be greater than the air hitting the front of your car. Different story NA but supercharged, ram air won't have an effect. Better gains coming from cooling the charge air and you've got that covered.
    Last edited by 1QIKLSA; 1 Week Ago at 01:30 PM.

Completely Australia made and manufactured, canít be a bad thing unless you are a KIWI or YANK, I dare say a better design than the current one, but testing will eventually prove that, and every dyno is different - it will be the track testing and the numbered sold, where it be determined.
    VF GTS 2013 - BUILD #238
    VF Sen 2016
    VF SS-V Redline 2017

I'm not sure what you're getting at.
    The OEM snout isn't a flawed design and only becomes a restriction at moderate power levels. They put the bend in it to allow placement of the MAF and accommodate the air box. While straightening it may appear to be improving on it, removing the MAF is a step backwards IMO.

There is little to no point in spending a large amount of money to replace an OEM part with an aftermarket one simply because it's Australian made.
    Selling a large volume of a product does not make it a good product. Just look at all the rubbish on the shop at home channels.

Yes, every dyno is different, however, if you are testing a product, surely they did a baseline run prior to fitting and tuning the snout so they know what change there was in that area.

There is more to testing this kind of product than a few runs down the quarter or running it up on a dyno. Test the idle quality with numerous aftermarket cams since they have removed the MAF. Test it going from differing air and atmospheric conditions, altitudes, etc compared to the dyno room that it was tuned in. What's the cold start like on a reasonably modified car with no MAF?

A lot of people will look at the peak power figure but how long does your car spend there compared to sitting in peak hour traffic? The way it drives and behaves around town is more important to most than what it does for a fraction of a second on the drag strip. Not saying this is a bad product at all, but removing the MAF is like going back 15-20 years. Those that say otherwise are the same that disable O2 sensors.

IMG_2670.jpgIMG_2671.jpgIMG_2672.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VF GTS 2013 - BUILD #238
    VF Sen 2016
    VF SS-V Redline 2017

Thread Information