HSV Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last >>

Dan's VF1 R8 Clubsport (now force fed)

After years of scheming and planning, the build has finally reached "stage 2". Got it back from the workshop yesterday having had a Harrop FDFI 2300 kit, twin Bosch 044s with surge tank, and a new manta twin 3" high flow cats and 1 7/8 ceramic coat hurricane headers fitted. I also fitted 285 35 20 MPSS to the rear (got 'em for a good price otherwise would have been P4S).

Only one of the 044's is plumbed in and working as that's all that is needed for current power levels, so the fuel system is nicely future proofed.

The car drives super nice, this is a pretty stealth setup with the fuel system concealed, full muffler 'quiet' manta system, and you can only just perceive the whine of the blower if you give it a bit. Running the harrop kit as is, the car makes a shade over 9psi, increasing slightly at the top end as the stock cam runs out of puff. Dyno readout below, mainly to compare previous setup to current.

I bought a Bluetooth OBDII reader and am using the DashCommand app for android to keep an eye on things. This cost $79 all up, so far it works a treat. Need to customise things a bit so I can get the right combo of guages on the screen.

I'm keen to get back to the drag strip to see what it can do! Great upgrade overall, would do again!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Wow - good job.
    Really "stealth" looking package...
    Really interested in fuel tank details - where & how much?
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    Really interested in fuel tank details - where & how much?
    --------------------------------

The surge tank was custom designed and fabricated to fit into the space where the spare wheel is secured, it is a 3L surge tank with braided 200 series lines and speed flow fittings. Cost was $2800, but that includes the second Bosch 044 which is doing nothing right now.

More info about the build here:

https://www.facebook.com/32343654859...9188483624556/

F**k yeah mate! Thatís awesome power, hopefully we see a video on their YouTube of it drag season coming up in just over a month
    2016 VF Clubsport LSA - FI Interchiller & Lid spacer & 12L res, 18% Crank OD, Harrop Pod Intake making 552.8rwhp. Best time = 12.171 @115.26mph 1.836 60' on a street tyre *with Chiller only*

Cheers man, I'm loving how it drives, so torquey! Keen for the drag season soon, am taking out tomorrow night to roll racing at Barbagallo for its first proper test! Hopefully no teething issues..

Well done - great choice of Workshop.

Very nice! How does the exhaust sound? And what catch can are you running there?

The exhaust sounds great, deep without any in cabin drone (old system I had minor drone issues which I mitigated by installing 5 sheets of deadna in the spare wheel well - painstaking process) and super dynamic. Its pretty quiet driving around normally but when you step on it, insane! Under load, the exhaust sound overpowers the blower whine, and that's with windows up. Really happy with it.

Catch can is a SAAS which cost me $100 from autobarn. Its a baffled unit and works pretty well. I fabricated my own bracket by cutting up a fairly solid (100kg rated) wall mounting L bracket and drilling holes for the can bracketry.

My only gripe with it is you have to remove it to empty it, but in all reality that's 2 screws, remove the hoses and its off. It has a drain nut on the bottom.

Here's a pic with the can removed.. Just emptied it in preparation for roll racing tonight.

Thread Information