HSV Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 Last >>

Bad language filter and quoting.

As Iím sure many of you are well aware, the bad language filter is making posts very hard to interpret with very common words from a car forum being filtered. When quoting someone else Iíve been having to make a clear line under their quote to then make my own post so itís easy to see, whereas before their post was in a nice box. Some guys donít do this (which is not their fault) so I have to quickly dash between posts to see where theyíve started, this can be a bit of a pita as some posts are quite long or have multiple posts between.

My question is, can this be fixed?

This is a great forum and it would just make things easier to read information from past, current, and future threads.
    2016 VF Clubsport LSA - FI Interchiller & Lid spacer & 12L res, 18% Crank OD, Harrop Pod Intake making 552.8rwhp. Best time = 12.171 @115.26mph 1.836 60' on a street tyre.

X 2 to above......
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

yea a real pain to deal with and has made me just not reply to anyone that i have to use the quote feature as its just stupid now, and that language thing is just a pain in the ***

The issue we have at the moment is admin don't really have an interest in the forum. There is little to no maintenance/upkeep and certainly no improvements. I raised the issue a long time ago but haven't seen any change.

The formatting when quoting on PC is also an issue and makes it impossible to see who is saying what.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    The issue we have at the moment is admin don't really have an interest in the forum. There is little to no maintenance/upkeep and certainly no improvements. I raised the issue a long time ago but haven't seen any change.

The formatting when quoting on PC is also an issue and makes it impossible to see who is saying what.
    ———————

Damn, that sucks mate. Is there a way one of us could become an admin? Why bother being one or not electing someone else if you have no care for the forum.

Do you have any way of changing it as a moderator?
    2016 VF Clubsport LSA - FI Interchiller & Lid spacer & 12L res, 18% Crank OD, Harrop Pod Intake making 552.8rwhp. Best time = 12.171 @115.26mph 1.836 60' on a street tyre.

No, I've asked a few times for a bit more control of the board but never gotten it. He's a hard man to get hold of at the best of times so whenever we start a conversation around that, it usually goes dead in the water from waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    No, I've asked a few times for a bit more control of the board but never gotten it. He's a hard man to get hold of at the best of times so whenever we start a conversation around that, it usually goes dead in the water from waiting.
    ————
    That’s very unfortunate, I can’t see the harm in making you admin mate, you’re constantly active and posting.

Wtf, why would you be an admin of a forum you're not p***ionate about, whoever it is should get the hell out and give admin rights to white lie or someone actually interested and active, I say.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This is one of the worst in terms of forum maintenance, and that in itself flies in the face of what the forum is about: Premium quality cars.

Come on mr administrator, get this sorted, please.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So if White_lie would like to run as admin, would our next step be to have as many members as possible who want to see the continuation of this forum to all send an email to the current admin to hand the rights over?

Thread Information