HSV Forum

Page 7 of 7 First << ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by MY17DIR View Post
    Cheers mate. Yes i think you could be right, the rear tyres are certainly in struggle town now and the traction control is earning its keep. Might have to look at some better grip down the track, apart from that, that's it, I'm over the moon with this thing now and its so much fun to drive. Makes all the right noises and more than enough power for me for a street car that's for sure.

It is such a different car to drive now and so much more enjoyable, how they should have come out from the factory - the bits were there available to them Its definitely a nice strong combination, won't feel so lacking rocking up beside an SRT or euro car fan boy at the lights now, game on!
    The Difillipo exhaust sounds amazing, so deep, just how a V8 should sound and not offensive in the slightest. Even wifey is a big fan, as soon as i put that on, started it and she drove it she was like yep, that's perfect, suits the car and how they should sound. It's the walkinshaw version, so has the same 1 7/8 ceramic coated headers, 3" collectors/output and i think the 200 cell 3" cats are the same as the difillipo kits, from there it flows into the same long 3" hotdog tubes they all have but after the hotdogs it tapers down to 2.5" all the way to the mufflers then the same twin outlets. It seems to work perfectly and such a nice sound without being obnoxious.
    It hasn't seemed to change at all now its boosted, just a nice SC wine to go with it.
    Is yours similar or 3" all the way to mufflers?
    On boost I just have to take the car out at any excuse for a drive. As is all of my car it's a bitsa, the exhaust is pacemaker ceramic 1&7/8 Cats from fitter. DiFillipo 3 inch all the way with vaccuum bimodal to Senator tips. Driving has settled the exhaust. Normally wife and kids would complain - not so. Did two trips ACT to Sydney last week (yes I want to drive it), nil problems with Highway patrol and Sydney cops. My other cars in family are Audi diesal and AWD Mits. So the blown V8 is just in another league re grunt and noise.

Again compliments for modding a Director, the LSA is a factory looking approach. You have judged things well. Tyres and wheels will be interesting. Not a lot of Michelin left on mine back from the tuner who said it was from "road tuning". No grudges I know he also had a great time with it.

Very good outcome mate. Im in canberra too and looking into some blower options. All in, how much did it set you back? Coz the shop supplied the blower correct?

Quote Originally Posted by MY17DIR View Post
    Cheers mate, yeah very happy with how it turned out, well worth the effort that's for sure. The Director gets the 20" staggered offset rims, tyres on the back are 275/30/20 Potenza's, will see how long they last. Is 285 pretty much the limit for those rims?

If your rims are 9.5" width then 285 is as wide as you can go. You'll find more grip with higher profile as well, 285 35 20 but that will be quite a bit taller than your factory 275 30 20s:

275 30 20 = 673mm tall

285 35 20 = 707mm tall

Might need to jump up in profile on the fronts to match.

VF R8 LS3, Harrop 2300 FDFI, 1⅞ coated headers, 3" catback, 4L reservoir, 3L surge, 575rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by Jasee123 View Post
    Very good outcome mate. Im in canberra too and looking into some blower options. All in, how much did it set you back? Coz the shop supplied the blower correct?

My sums add up to approx 11k + tuning. You could probably do it a couple of k cheaper, but I opted for the Harrop Stage 2 kit straightaway and blower/lid spacer plates from fiinterchillers which combined added a few k to my total. If yours is a manual you wont need the $400 Auto trans cooler relocation kit either.
    That doesn't include tuning/dyno or installation which i did myself. It all starts to add up really quickly and there are alot of bits that go into it to make it right.
    And no, I sourced everything myself, the shop didn't supply anything apart from tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by commander_dan View Post
    ——————

If your rims are 9.5" width then 285 is as wide as you can go. You'll find more grip with higher profile as well, 285 35 20 but that will be quite a bit taller than your factory 275 30 20s:

275 30 20 = 673mm tall

285 35 20 = 707mm tall

Might need to jump up in profile on the fronts to match.

VF R8 LS3, Harrop 2300 FDFI, 1⅞ coated headers, 3" catback, 4L reservoir, 3L surge, 575rwhp

Yeah my rears are 9.5 wide. Might look at something wider tyre wise down the track when these wear out, which prob won't be long

Quote Originally Posted by SenatorW View Post
    On boost I just have to take the car out at any excuse for a drive. As is all of my car it's a bitsa, the exhaust is pacemaker ceramic 1&7/8 Cats from fitter. DiFillipo 3 inch all the way with vaccuum bimodal to Senator tips. Driving has settled the exhaust. Normally wife and kids would complain - not so. Did two trips ACT to Sydney last week (yes I want to drive it), nil problems with Highway patrol and Sydney cops. My other cars in family are Audi diesal and AWD Mits. So the blown V8 is just in another league re grunt and noise.

Again compliments for modding a Director, the LSA is a factory looking approach. You have judged things well. Tyres and wheels will be interesting. Not a lot of Michelin left on mine back from the tuner who said it was from "road tuning". No grudges I know he also had a great time with it.

No worries, cheers. Ive read your build journey over on the ss forum, sounds like a beast and another way to do things, nice work.

Thread Information