HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Craze, sought of, TV is suppose to apply brake to the inside rear brake ( not both) to pull the nose around.
    TPKW30, bizarre your observations, appreciate your honesty though. It’s definitely meant for understeer, but like you say your meant to apply throttle as soon as your feel the front starting to slip. Easier said than done for a novice when your brain is telling you to do the opposite.

For those that know the Wakefield Park track. I found that by getting onto the power a bit earlier in the fish-hook, I could feel the torque vectoring pushing the nose around the corner, where as with out it the car would under steer more. The first time I felt it, it was a spooky feeling, I then started changing my line a braking to take advantage. The fish-hook - as the name suggests - is a very tight corner, not a hair pin, but tighter than the final corner at the HSV Fest track for those that know it.

I also suspect that torque vectoring helps on that final corner of the HSV Fest track, but have not taken it without the torque vectoring to compare.
    Luck is the residue of design

Quote Originally Posted by Surfnturf View Post
    Brakes get hot , when you want them too cool down. All off is my setting on track days. Ive had them get so hot a warning ⚠ display comes up on the centre display saying BRAKE OVERHEAT .

Was that with the factory pads?

I only ever got the BRAKE OVERHEAT warning (coupled with a longer pedal) when I was trying out some Hawk pads. First their HPS5.0, then a more track focused pad. I have since gone back to using the factory pads, though for the current set I bought the pads as an AP product with DS2500 compound through Comp Friction. As I understand it, that is basically what the factory pads are, though without the wear twangers.

I use performance or track mode, depending on how bumpy the track is. I am very happy with the HSV performance stability control programming.
    Luck is the residue of design

Quote Originally Posted by myBerlina View Post
    Was that with the factory pads?
    Yes factory hsv pads, The second to last session I had two feet on the brake pedal at Tailem Bend straight trying to pull up from 270 down to 50 for the first turn.They just got too hot and car couldn't perform
    Last session I had my catch can drain nut come loose (never checked tightness when I purchased it) which dropped oil onto my front left tyre as well as have two front tyre valves leak all happen in the same session,was a little hairy to say the least trying to pull up.

I installed tyre valves that came with eBay tyre pressure sensors and they couldn't handle it, they leaked and had to be changed over
    The tpms worked ok but the valves are crap,I ran 32psi front,30 rears cold which jumped to 40f and 36r when hot.

The reason I think tyre pressures were too low is they're getting scrubbed down the sidewalls. I've been told to aim for closer to 40 ish hot by the Pirelli guys who happened to be there for the nationals or whatever was on that weekend.

My brakes were next to ****ing useless at the bend. They were an issue at Mallala but the stop at the end of the straight at the bend on it's own would get the warning light flashing. Tried every type of pad anyone recommended. think it was just the rotors in the end. Got some GTSR ones (w**** kit obviously) and that fixed it! FYI if you slow down as soon as you see the warning light everything is fine. If you try and finish the lap you may lose your pads. Happened to me twice.

Quote Originally Posted by adelaideluke View Post
    Happened to me twice.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I only had about 1mm of pad left at the end of the last session so heat was the issue for me with regards to the pads
    To much heat was being transferred to the pads backing plate which then transferred the heat to the calipers which triggered the warning light
    I'm about to do another track day in a few weeks ,I have all new pads with dot 5 fluid going in

Are you going up there on the 26/7. I'll be there provided I don't have any issues between now and then. Are you just getting more factory pads? Even the OEM ones that came with the GTSR brakes were average for the track. I've got some project Mu Club racer ones which I've been really happy with. They've got more bite and seem to be lasting better. I went through about a 3rd of the OEM ones in 1 track day.

Yes ��, I'm hoping to get there on the 26th along with my brother and his car ��.
    Mine is currently getting a 40 litre ice box fitted to the boot but still retaining the chiller system separately for when I drag it
    The brakes you either chew through the pads or the rotors depending on how hard the compound is.
    I like the oem as they bite hard from cold ❄ or hot conditions and trackwork is maybe 1% of the cars use.

Thread Information