HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Cadogan makes a valid point if the bulkhead structure is different side to side giving the driver more space in the lhd version to allow for pedals. However no evidence is offered to suggest that is the case. US crash test is 5 stars for what that is worth. AEB etc should be available but as you guys said too much cost for such a limited run of vehicles. Cadogan leans a lot on the Mustang issues like airbag deployment and rear p***enger submarining and paints all this style of car as the same again without any facts to support these ***umptions, just paints a picture of doubt. Who knows?

Haha! Cannot write words with a donkey in them!

I would be much more worried about driving a Tesla when in comes to accidents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VF GTS 2013 - BUILD #238
    VF Sen 2016
    VF SS-V Redline 2017

Quote Originally Posted by GTS2017 View Post
    I would be much more worried about driving a Tesla when in comes to accidents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why?

I am guessing concern over fires if the battery is punctured. Lithium loves oxygen.

So right, look at the aircraft fires when either aircraft lithium batteries or when the batteries were permitted to be carries as unsecured air cargo were 'introduced' to oxygen and heat. Quite a wake-up call.

J.C and Camaro Safety

As opposed to fuel being flammable??

There was a study done and in terms of rate of accidents and fires over petrol vs battery vehicles the petrol vehicles had burst into flames more than battery

Personally id rather have a battery fire than a fuel one
    Ive had a number of experience of lithium battery fires and its not as frightful as made out

I wonder if they have sectioned the battery packs
    with heat shields in Tesla. New high grade lithium is very different from the old key fob batteries try soldering near a 2032 its not the pop its the fumes and very dangerous to touch cemicals. I guess i will still own a tesla soon enough though then sit on lithiim in place of having a backpack full of lithium!

I imagine it would as heat is detrimental to life of lithium based batteries
    I imagine it would be an immediate concern in designing a battery pack

Thread Information