HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Profile height?
    2016 VF Clubsport LSA - FI Interchiller, Lid spacer, 12L res. Best time = 12.171 @115.26mph 1.836 60' on a street tyre.

MRC is probably a 8-10k suspension package, only to be replaced with budget $1500 coilovers

when i changed out my MRC for coilovers i then was able to feel how much more predictable the car was with the coilovers, then the ability to adjust them pretty much got rid of my understeer and balance is much better

Quote Originally Posted by adzy_b View Post
    Profile height?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by furniturefinishe View Post

----------------------

Could increase the tyre height man? A 285/30 on the back of GTS is a bit short for starters, I realise it's to fit the wheels but that's one way of giving the look of a lower ride height.
    2016 VF Clubsport LSA - FI Interchiller, Lid spacer, 12L res. Best time = 12.171 @115.26mph 1.836 60' on a street tyre.

A key reason I bought my VF1 Senator was magnetic ride control. Smooth cruising since 2014. My VZ Monaro was my first coil over car - listening to LS1.com.au endorsement of a big name coilover with a cow. Had I stuck with Heasman's and done a quality spring shock combo, or waited until a premium coilover system was sorted out I'd still be in that car. My family called it the "Yellow Kangaroo". The cow coilovers and 112 LSA (rock) engine rebuild meant my family thought the NA VF1 Senator was a Bentley, Cadillac level of improvement. I believe you might get a proper coilover now, it was even done on the W1. MRC is pretty high technology. Unless the coilover replacement is super premium in shock quality, springs an real world development. I will stick with MRC agree your car looks grouse, but I'd rather myself on the corners, and p***engers were pleased, than just stance, as much as I respect stance lovers...

Quote Originally Posted by adzy_b View Post
    ----------------------

Could increase the tyre height man? A 285/30 on the back of GTS is a bit short for starters, I realise it's to fit the wheels but that's one way of giving the look of a lower ride height.
    Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by SenatorW View Post
    A key reason I bought my VF1 Senator was magnetic ride control. Smooth cruising since 2014. My VZ Monaro was my first coil over car - listening to LS1.com.au endorsement of a big name coilover with a cow. Had I stuck with Heasman's and done a quality spring shock combo, or waited until a premium coilover system was sorted out I'd still be in that car. My family called it the "Yellow Kangaroo". The cow coilovers and 112 LSA (rock) engine rebuild meant my family thought the NA VF1 Senator was a Bentley, Cadillac level of improvement. I believe you might get a proper coilover now, it was even done on the W1. MRC is pretty high technology. Unless the coilover replacement is super premium in shock quality, springs an real world development. I will stick with MRC agree your car looks grouse, but I'd rather myself on the corners, and p***engers were pleased, than just stance, as much as I respect stance lovers...
    Cheers for that, food for thought but I think you could be right

XYZ are junk mate.... apart from being able to lower the car that's pretty much all they offer.. Seriously look into some H&R, Bilstein, Shockworks or MCA. Not a lot more and far better dampening.

Quote Originally Posted by ASD14 View Post
    XYZ are junk mate.... apart from being able to lower the car that's pretty much all they offer.. Seriously look into some H&R, Bilstein, Shockworks or MCA. Not a lot more and far better dampening.
    Thanks mate

Thread Information