HSV Forum

Quote for new Pad and Rotors from Holden !!!

Hello,

I just had my R8 LSA Clubby Tourer in for its 45k service and the guy told be that my pads all round won't make the next service.

I asked them for what the cost would be and was told that they would have to change the Rotors also at the same time.

I asked why and was told "because it is all sold as a kit and the price will be $2580 for the pads and $2410 for the rotors. Do you want to go ahead?".

Feeling that this was ridiculous, I said no.

My question to you wiser people. Is this a case of, "welcome to the world of performance vehicles" or are the just trying to rip me a new one?

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    2017 Clubsport R8 LSA Tourer
    Build No. 0002

He's right in that it's a "service pack" that contains rotors and pads but whether they need replacing or not is another question. You'd have to stick the calipers on them and measure...but speak to Matt at Race Brakes Sydney, he will be able to offer a range of pads and/or rotors if they do need replacing for a fraction of the cost and likely better suited to your driving style/needs.

Awesome! They are just down the road from where I work in Wetherill Park. Thank you. I shall keep you posted.
    Build No. 0002

Quote Originally Posted by Poletheus View Post
    Hello,

I just had my R8 LSA Clubby Tourer in for its 45k service and the guy told be that my pads all round won't make the next service.

I asked them for what the cost would be and was told that they would have to change the Rotors also at the same time.

I asked why and was told "because it is all sold as a kit and the price will be $2580 for the pads and $2410 for the rotors. Do you want to go ahead?".

Feeling that this was ridiculous, I said no.

My question to you wiser people. Is this a case of, "welcome to the world of performance vehicles" or are the just trying to rip me a new one?

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

RIP OFF....... !
    when it came to change pads rotors on the front of my R8 Tourer
    my local dealer wanted (inc labour & fluid flush) .. $1600

In your case, roughly double that (as your front and rear pads are the same)
    so lets say... $3200 maybe a bit more if all genuine

ps.. I spent $850 on RDA rotors and Forza pads all round (F&R) plus 1 hour of my time
    and that gave me better brakes to boot
    oh .. and I still have the original rear rotors at 60k (no real wear either)
    Last edited by Smitty; 16-05-2019 at 04:22 PM.
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

before you lock anything in grab a torch and have a look at how much pad you have left, don't change before you need to, some will even bend that squeal bracket back, and as your changing rotors (maybe) it will not make any difference our brakes seem to wear reasonably even, some old systems you could end up with one pad on an angle hitting the disc early. cheers

Ripoff

Should be much less

Car is a WK. HSV pads and rotors $3480 or so back in 2008. First and only time for 'genuine.' Race Brakes very helpful after that.
    Fortunately other vehicles now have the same sized rotors; used to be unique for the Grange and now readily available.
    Your driving style will determine the best fit for you. 50 K is about right for normal driving. Am ***uming your services are 15K apart, so there is less than 1/3 left. After market might even be the same manufacturer; a plastic bag and a few numbers might be the only difference.
    Chat with Matt and you will be steered in the right direction.

Now there is a man with a lot of knowledge!

As it turns out, my Clubby has the F 390mm & R 372mm rotors off of the GTS with GTS diff and larger handbrake caliper.

Long and short of it, I've 2mm on the front and 3mm on the rear. Matt suggested to go down the path of using DBA XD or Wave rotors and Ferodo Pads.

All up $3500 to $3750
    Build No. 0002

Matt at Race Brakes Sydney any and every time I need anything to do with brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Poletheus View Post
    Now there is a man with a lot of knowledge!

As it turns out, my Clubby has the F 390mm & R 372mm rotors off of the GTS with GTS diff and larger handbrake caliper.

Long and short of it, I've 2mm on the front and 3mm on the rear. Matt suggested to go down the path of using DBA XD or Wave rotors and Ferodo Pads.

All up $3500 to $3750
    Sounds a lot better than $5k!
    DBA's will more than likely wear better than OEM too. Matt certainly knows his stuff, I use him for all my parts and I'm in Perth.

Thread Information