HSV Forum

Page 3 of 4 First << 1234 Last >>
    We are on a little island and get fingered each time

Wages havent gone up on over 10 yrs in fact what i got paid 10 yrs ago was a lot better than i think id get now
    Lucky i run my own business now
    Car prices are through the roof on new ones

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    We are on a little island and get fingered each time

Wages havent gone up on over 10 yrs in fact what i got paid 10 yrs ago was a lot better than i think id get now
    Lucky i run my own business now
    Car prices are through the roof on new ones

''

Election is over now. If you're not better off now than 10 years ago then you're doing something wrong.
    My mechanics in 10 years have seen their wages double or more.
    (I thought it strange listening to the election B/S labour saying that about wages)

Anyway, back to OP.
    As a rule I don't encourage customers/friends etc to buy motor parts from eBay.
    If you buy from a shop front store here in AU, and you have a problem,
    you have a shop to go to & be able to sort out problem/warranty claim etc.
    As mentioned in this topic - how many of us have been bent over by dodgy eBay sellers??
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

If the parts originate in China/South Korea/Thailand? why don't they just sell LS Performance Parts direct to Australia? They already do with inter-coolers etc? Pretty shameless in Skylines Australia forum to say "China front mount inter-cooler" in a build.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 28-05-2019 at 11:37 PM. Reason: information

Where are my LS parts really? Australia USA China being thought about?

Quote Originally Posted by TPKW30 View Post
    ''

Election is over now. If you're not better off now than 10 years ago then you're doing something wrong.
    My mechanics in 10 years have seen their wages double or more.
    (I thought it strange listening to the election B/S labour saying that about wages)

Anyway, back to OP.
    As a rule I don't encourage customers/friends etc to buy motor parts from eBay.
    If you buy from a t shop front store here in AU, and you have a problem,
    you have a shop to go to & be able to sort out problem/warranty claim etc.
    As mentioned in this topic - how many of us have been bent over by dodgy eBay sellers??
    Maybe he has

Example an electrician minimum wage is $23 an hr

Hasnt really gone up as far as im aware

Whats minimum adult wage?
    Last edited by craze; 28-05-2019 at 10:19 PM.

$18.93/hr
    Up 3.5% from the previous year.

Electrician is a serious job, life threatening consequence electrocution house burned down, self death when error made. Installs that are rubbish when incompetent (my experience). It would be better for everyone in electrical trades just had higher pay and standards. Have a carpenter mate who will not recommend any one (electrical tradie) in my part of this Country...sad. Seems dodgy LS part suppliers (bait online, then tell whoppers) in Australia, trade off the good will of the good ones (reliable mark up firm, actually have the part on shore) in my experience.

Now approaching 2 months with 1k dollars of parts not supplied, tuner naturally is finishing car with his own supplier and rightly so. Showed some quite rude and implausible explanations via email to tuner - from LS Performance part supplier who can't supply and mislead me that parts were in Australia. Tuner is obtaining completion parts reliably and easily from Precision locally. Live and learn.

Got the last 1 K dollar part of my order delivered today. Everything complete, over 2 and a half months. False implication to me was that all the Parts were in Australia when I ordered 10 weeks ago. On reflection many of the parts came in Precision Boxing. Australian LS online performance part stores never again. Precision seems fine, tuner mechanic deals with them. Might as well order from USA myself Texas speed, Katech, Brian Tooley, the supply chain and delays are more honest and workable. Despite the weak dollar financially in front. US LS performance parts, no Aussie middlemen, ever again.

off track a bit but I ordered a watch six months ago, now told all gone (world wide) thanks to China
    Also told by the owner people from China are flying to Aust/Perth just to buy our watches in stock due to their taxes.
    Guess I was correct many years ago they are taking over with wealth plus m*** in numbers.
    I must add in December during our road trip I shopped around in Bris/Syd/Melb/Adl/then Perth, Sydney was very good
    but initially a privately owned Perth shop offered the best deal. I called the Aust HQ and they backed up what my dealer
    said. So the world must be doing okay, until something in the US or China crashes! Cheers

More on track about 10(?) ZL1's from the total made (300?) on their way to Shacks very soon. This could be one car I will actually take a test drive in and may regret it, stuff those taxes. This car is going to be good the HSV moto will suit. My guess they will all sell in 2019.

Precision have always been good. I've had a few times where I've needed parts and they've split up a box to give me parts I need , they just did it for my 6 bolt head bolt I needed

Thread Information