HSV Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last >>

Where are my LS parts really? Australia USA China being thought about?

Like many of us I need LS Performance Parts and will snap at a bargain. A recent annoyance is that I have found local suppliers advertising as if they have have LS Performance Parts on the ground in Australia, only to discover the pre part hasn't been made in China to send to the USA for refinement/checking before they take your money on the pretense it's in Australia. On the other hand a part can be blatantly in the USA on Ebay with postage fees and customs caveats and beat suppliers, on honest timing, that are trading from an empty room in Australia - when tracking an LS Performance Part down. Trading from Australia with a mark up that you have a part in Australia - is a scam operating now, where the punter prepays and thinks he'll get it in a week when the Forge steel guy in China has yet to start. I'm beginning to ask hard with big name Aussie companies do you really have the LS Performance Part? They generally want pre pay and a mark up. If they can't deliver it, more than a month later... there is a chain of explanations. You can be a major "LS Performance Part supplier" in Australia with some internet pics and nothing in house...scam.

At least dealing via EBAY and PAYPAL gives you recourse on prepaid money, dealing direct OS/local. No wonder plenty of traders hate these consumer protections.

Yes I'm dealing with project stalls from "empty room" Australian LS Performance Part suppliers...Great websites hard to find parts "if only you will prepay". Scam to watch out for.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 15-05-2019 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Punctuation

If its cheap it probably aint in stock thats your warning sign
    Or its counterfeit

Im very selective where i purchase from

Happens with a lot of items across a lot of selling platforms unfortunately. Advertise item as in Australia but then takes 2 weeks (or longer) to get from Sydney to Gold Coast. If I knew it was coming from China I would have bought from there direct and saved some $$.

I've dealt with Brian tooley racing a lot. I'll call them and order over the phone, 4days later it's in my hand unless it's a large item like crank then takes a week.
    I'm Australia precision international has always had the part I've needed

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    I've dealt with Brian tooley racing a lot. I'll call them and order over the phone, 4days later it's in my hand unless it's a large item like crank then takes a week.
    I'm Australia precision international has always had the part I've needed
    I guess it the point I'm making that it's better to deal with a reliable source of LS Performance Parts, than be captivated by a "special price" pay upfront, but with no recourse that could be provided by Ebay or Paypal, where recourse covers every prepayment. Brian Tooley seems a very smart thinker on engine planning as well a part supplier. If you prepay but have no recourse it can all get pretty uncivil quickly. I think there are Australian sites putting up hard to get LS Performance Part gear, literally from an empty room. If they don't have the stock they should be upfront, and not play you as if they have and then string you along as if it's your fault somehow.

So I'm making a forum issue of this, that you deal with the reliable guys, or deal with a "recourse situation" where you can get your money back via EBay or PayPal. It is like a mini Christmas/birthday when a premium LS Performance Part arrives well packaged in the timely way and the project rolls on. Overall my experience has been better dealing with the USA, but their forums state you still have to be careful.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 15-05-2019 at 09:43 PM. Reason: punctuation

I got done on ebay i bought some power tool batteries locally

It came locally via auspost

Both were faulty, seller didnít respond
    Opened paypal claim, as paypal account was held in China PayPal said i had to post back there even though it came locally
    Auspost doesnt post international and despite providing a document stating that paypal kept refusing my evidence and asking for further evidence
    Each time i sent evidence again ignoring it and making unreasonable requests like provide further evidence within 48 hrs or case will close

Opened credit card dispute and they also gave me the run around

Wrote the filthiest letter to my bank regarding their misleading dispute process and then got my money back lol

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post

Both were faulty, seller didn’t respond
    Opened paypal claim, as paypal account was held in China PayPal said i had to post back there even though it came locally
    Auspost doesnt post international and despite providing a document stating that paypal kept refusing my evidence and asking for further evidence
    Each time i sent evidence again ignoring it and making unreasonable requests like provide further evidence within 48 hrs or case will close

Opened credit card dispute and they also gave me the run around

Wrote the filthiest letter to my bank regarding their misleading dispute process and then got my money back lol

I have had PayPal disputes go better than that, clearly the internet is full of scammers as well as good traders. After the Banking Royal commission it's good to hear a good story about a banking intervention. Going back to LS Performance Parts, these represent some pretty boutique and pricey items, when as you do you are trying to get more out of an engine, or other aspect of performance. Clearly as you posted you are very selective about who you source LS Performance Parts from. I guess this is something I'm over hammering on the thread. More dealing with reliable source, that's trust worthy over ending up in the situation of having prepaid and having to seek recourse when no LS Performance Part turns up in a timely fashion. And again when things go well crafted packaged and delivered LS Performance Parts are a pleasure in enhancing a car.

I think it is an issue that on EBay a US supplier who cares seriously about reputation (the US LS industry is obviously huge) and business can get you your part more reliably. Than an Aussie supplier with an empty store room and website taking your money in advance for LS Performance Parts and then spinning yarns.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 15-05-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post

Both were faulty, seller didnít respond
    Each time i sent evidence again ignoring it and making unreasonable requests like provide further evidence within 48 hrs or case will close...................l

....funnily enough, I had to do that on Monday.
    batteries turn up after waiting 8 days .... but cannot be charged as they are missing
    the charging port on the side (like the original ones) plus.. they simply don't fit the skin.

Go to send msg to seller.... oops no longer listed on eBay
    also go to check their (noneBay ) website.. ha it appears
    with a strange message about 'no access'

lob the dispute into eBay.. 'part received not as described'
    and they push that onto Paypal as the batteries were paid
    for via Paypal. We now wait for the seller's response to my dispute

I ain't holding my breath ...
    Smitty
    Member PIARC VICV8s Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

Clearly Ebay PayPal recourse only matters, or has actual effect - if the trader cares about their reputation on these platforms. Someone could scam and set up on EBay Pay Pal on a zero feedback model. An LS Performance Part is a much bigger deal I would suspect in most cases cost wise, and time wise if a car is off the road, but yes fair trading on smaller items matters as well.

My summary for an LS Perfomance part is that obviously if you have a known reliable supplier, bargain hunting may not pay. A difficult rule of LS Performance is that cheap becomes dear. A reliable USA supplier might get the part to you more quickly with recourse from EBay or Paypal even when they state it will take a month. In my experience this is the case. The pressures of a build can may you want something that appears to be in Australia.

I would not prepay an Australian based supplier, if there is no recourse post prepayment. They may as well be effectively trading with website pictures and an empty room. Taking even longer than someone you know works well. With specialty parts, unique blocks, crankshaft strokes, they may well not have it at all. If an online picture and price is too good to be true it is.

Being careful rather than bargain hunting online may save you time and money in the end.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 16-05-2019 at 12:57 PM. Reason: punctuation

Just sent something back via ebay to the sellers address for a return after no reply

Bastard put return to sender and didnt accept package

How do i get a refund now?

Thread Information