HSV Forum

Page 3 of 3 First << 123

Thread: 2010 GXP Maloo

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    Hey Xjas, What valves and springs are you running with the mamo heads? Are they the ls3 260 heads, ported lsxr?
    They are 260 heads and the LSXR is ported, I think it was Ferrea valves and Pac springs, I bough the whole package off Tony so he spec'd the whole valvetrain and cam, seems to have worked well so far but it was definitely the expensive way to do it.

looks like a nice stable valve train up to 7500rpm , good numbers too.
    Hows it drive on the street? Youd have the hollow intake and solid exhaust. Do you know what pac spring, 1208x or 1209x? Did you get the extra porting on exhaust side?

Yep, it sings to 7500, a little too well in fact, have trouble keeping it of the limiter. I think with a little more camshaft it would spin closer to 8000 but that would be asking a bit much of the factory pistons and rods, when I give the engine a freshen up I'll be looking to spin it a bit harder then.
    Had a look through my build sheet, Ferrea hollow intakes, TFS solid exhausts, Pac 1209 springs, TFS titanium retainers, Manton 3/8 pushrods, Isky Red-zone lifters. They are a TFS castings, no extra porting on the exhaust, this was always planned as an NA only combo.

I think mamo uses comp cams, so you have fairly aggressive ramps on that cam, good to see it spin those revs with your valve train setup.
    I have his tfs 260 ls7 heads with hollow intake and hollow exhaust, pac 1209x springs titanium retainers, also have the extra porting on exhaust side, 3/8 crow cam pushrods

Quote Originally Posted by mickyinc View Post
    I think mamo uses comp cams, so you have fairly aggressive ramps on that cam, good to see it spin those revs with your valve train setup.
    I have his tfs 260 ls7 heads with hollow intake and hollow exhaust, pac 1209x springs titanium retainers, also have the extra porting on exhaust side, 3/8 crow cam pushrods
    Yeah, its a comp cam, intake lobe is 14872, exhaust is 14875 from their lobe catalogue. It is somewhat aggressive but manageable with proper maintenance.
    In the future I might build a set up similar to yours with the LS7 style heads, If I keep the ute NA I need to get the most cubes in it I can, although FI would probably be cheaper and make more power, but I would miss the NA crankyness if I went FI.

I was happy to see your top end stable at those revs, we basically have the same , so makes me happy
    It could possibly be cheaper going for a Fi build but if i was going Fi id still be doing the same engine build , just dropping compression,then spending another 12k on top for blower. So really to do a Fi build it will cost more than a NA build.
    You like the drags so Fi would suit, i like long mountain runs and 15 to 20min track sessions so for me NA all the way.
    I just hope mines not to cranky, the old cam had 20 degree overlap , the new one has 36, tuners got his work cut out for him lol

Thread Information