HSV Forum

Thread: 6hr

6hr

Great to see a VF clubby on the podium today, first time a V8 has been on the podium in this race apparently. Pity the LSA's didn't fair aswell.

I watched the 6 hr race. I thought the telecast and commentary was very poorly done. The HSV Clubsport team done a fine job.Very well driven. The lsa equipped cars were always goi g to have a hard time withthe amount of time on boost. Engine temps must be extreme. Still I do very much enjoy this type of motoring with all its challenges.
    Previous 2011 MY 12 VE R8 Maloo -Perfect Blue
    Current 2013 VF GTS W507 - Herron White

Your right, the Aussie guy on commentary was good but the English guy was crap. And towards the end the chick interviewing the wrong guy in the wrong team was very awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by sdtash View Post
    I watched the 6 hr race. I thought the telecast and commentary was very poorly done. The HSV Clubsport team done a fine job.Very well driven. The lsa equipped cars were always goi g to have a hard time withthe amount of time on boost. Engine temps must be extreme. Still I do very much enjoy this type of motoring with all its challenges.

Was that the problem in the end? The amount of time of boost/temps?
    Bowey's GTS had steering and suspension dramas? I'm not sure on the rules, but they're both electric components now - might seem that the good old fashion fluid/mechanical is the way to go.
    (***uming they were running the standard stuff).

What are the exact rules with the production car stuff? Saw photos of the VZ Clubby and was running an OTR etc, which in hillclimb land means you're out of the 'standard' category.
    The Clubby died in the end, with timing chain problems.

Quote Originally Posted by skaifeman View Post
    Was that the problem in the end? The amount of time of boost/temps?
    Bowey's GTS had steering and suspension dramas? I'm not sure on the rules, but they're both electric components now - might seem that the good old fashion fluid/mechanical is the way to go.
    (***uming they were running the standard stuff).

What are the exact rules with the production car stuff? Saw photos of the VZ Clubby and was running an OTR etc, which in hillclimb land means you're out of the 'standard' category.
    The Clubby died in the end, with timing chain problems.
    At one point in the telecast they referred to this one as a GTS. Did you notice it had a VY rear spoiler. It either had the incorrect spoiler or a VZ front, not sure which.

Quote Originally Posted by dgp View Post
    At one point in the telecast they referred to this one as a GTS. Did you notice it had a VY rear spoiler. It either had the incorrect spoiler or a VZ front, not sure which.

Good pick up with the rear wing. Their Facebook comments it as a Clubsport, and some interior (although stripped) shots I've seen has the VZ finish.

https://www.facebook.com/cliftbros/

I remember a long while ago now, in the Production Series (maybe 2004-05?), there was a Donut King VY GTS? I may be wrong, but I recall a VY GTS somewhere.

There was also the CSV Monaro racing in the 6hr - wish they went into a little more detail, because those came in a variety of finishes - upto a 6.5L engine - from factory (well, CSV's factory), so could have fantastic potential in the production series.

Thread Information