HSV Forum

VE HSV under bonnet temperature query

Hi, Can someone let me know if the painted tops of their strut mount towers under the bonnet are discolouring. I have a white VE HSV and it almost looks like the paint has got so hot it is discoloured to a light brown hue where the engine heat escapes from under the bonnet , adding to that the tops of the front guards get extremely hot even after a short drive. All this may be normal but I would just like to find out if any other forum member's especially with the white paint have this discolouration around the tops of the strut mount tower under the hood and if they experience high temperatures on the tops of their guards near the bonnet opening.

Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers sjako

I like to detail my car engine bays every few washes, and most of my cars have poor paint quality just under the strut top/rubber
    area. Not very noticeable I wonder if that **** has a small cover inserted for the spray booth? cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    I like to detail my car engine bays every few washes, and most of my cars have poor paint quality just under the strut top/rubber
    area. Not very noticeable I wonder if that **** has a small cover inserted for the spray booth? cheers
    Thanks for the reply, its mainly the paint on the strut top tower where the engine/ extractor heat escapes that has discoloured. I will try and polish it tomorrow when the engine bay is cool.

They don't do the full paint treatment and coatings under the bonnet - VT/VZ anyways... I'd ***ume the same for VE+?
    Under the bonnet is almost a matte finish compared to the gloss exterior.

I have the same on mine (white VE). I'm told that it is oil or something from the bonnet struts.

Mick
    MY09 Senator Signature
    Cleaned --- Protected --- Driven

Thanks Mick, makes sense, I was just concerned paint was discolouring around the tops from engine heat escaping near tops of guards, it gets very hot to touch even after a short drive. Coolant temp is ok.

Cheers

Thread Information