HSV Forum

Page 3 of 3 First << 123

Thread: Replica Market

I would love to have a replica VN GrpA , VK GrpA or VL GrpA (HDT or HSV) in the garage to take on a blast around the block ... I could modify the drive line and suspension as much as funds allow , and not be de-valuing an original vehicle .

As mentioned above , it's when a@****s try to present them as the real deal it becomes serious !!

The price values of originals are in a "bubble zone". Any economic slow down could bring a big price correction on collectables...Driving an original is often quite a let down, e.g Ford XW to XC with manual steering 16:1 Box recirculating ball, with no brakes, falcon 351 with Fragile Heavy Cleveland block at front. Correct Period tyres would also enlighten you on progress.

If I had a car from LH Torana to VL it would be a fake with an LS Swap, steering and brake mods, and even air con to make it even more fully fake.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 6 Days Ago at 02:52 PM.

I certainly agree that there is a dark side in replica parts, how they are obtained, and the full story might well be pretty suspect, then there's the reproduction part industry as well. I think it's a good industry, but what is the final intent of GTS guards, SLR/SS badges and steering wheels. I would be very careful with any Brock History, with one off builds three to four versions of the VH SS, one off VK builds, multiple VL versions. If you're paying original price be careful.

Example perfect 355 VH SS, did Brock do it as a special, was most of the car at Bertie street but it now has a 355, or was it a production line VHSS and it never saw Bertie street. And where does that leave some Bill L and Pe***### era cars. Or is it a perfect ground up replica.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 6 Days Ago at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SenatorW View Post
    The price values of originals are in a "bubble zone". Any economic slow down could bring a big price correction on collectables...Driving an original is often quite a let down, e.g Ford XW to XC with manual steering 16:1 Box recirculating ball, with no brakes, falcon 351 with Fragile Heavy Cleveland block at front. Correct Period tyres would also enlighten you on progress.

If I had a car from LH Torana to VL it would be a fake with an LS Swap, steering and brake mods, and even air con to make it even more fully fake.
    Good points lol

Thread Information