HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Yeah, I know. It doesn't seem to make sense using a bucket. It's like a dishwasher compared to washing in the sink. The dishwasher is more efficient, uses less water and does a better job. Same as a pressure washer.

That's what tank water is for, watering the garden and washing the car when you feel like it. Although, both seem pointless at present. Difference is, you decide.

BTW Meguiars have the Snow Cannon while Bowdens have Snow Job. Same idea, though.
    Last edited by Aus78Formula; 18-12-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud977 View Post
    Cheers Adz. So I wash it, clay bar it, NV Clarity panel wipe down, then apply the NV Nova Jet as the protection? No waxing. Sounds like a plan. I'll get some of that Nova jet.

It's harder to wash your car now that the Level 2 water restrictions have kicked in in Sydney. No hose or pressure washer allowed. Must be by hand and bucket. My wife can take her car to the local car wash, but mine's not going anywhere near it.
    No worries at all mate, yep so nova jet will replace your wax. Youíll need at least two good quality microfiber towels to apply it, once you apply it the very first time you wonít look at wax the same ever again I can guarantee that!

Ahhh okay so with level 2 restriction I would highly recommend looking into Optimums ONR. It has changed the way I detail as I was skeptical at first like most people would be, but I went head on into it and began using it on my own car and did lots of testing with swirl-free panels that had been outside 24/7 and itís definitely a winner. I live in Perth where no such restrictions apply to washing cars, but if I were in your situation I would definitely just use ONR. You can clean every single part of your car with it -paint, glass, trim, interior plastics, leather, suede etc. absolutely everything. Itís my emergency bird poo cleaner, my interior cleaner and wipe down, and does all my door and trunk jambs, and is my engine bay wipe down. Itís also EXTREMELY cost effective with the regular dilution for everything being 256:1, 4ml concentrate makes 1L of product, and Iím still on my first litre concentrate after 2 years.
    2016 VF Clubsport LSA - FI Interchiller & Lid spacer & 12L res, 18% Crank OD, Harrop Pod Intake making 552.8rwhp. Best time = 12.171 @115.26mph 1.836 60' on a street tyre *with Chiller only*

Never been much of a wrap for spray on polish, but saw a video yesterday for "Turtle Wax Ice Seal 'N Shine" spray on.
    I've used Turtle "Ice" polish before (out of a bottle), so I might give this stuff a go.
    Pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Never been much of a wrap for spray on polish, but saw a video yesterday for "Turtle Wax Ice Seal 'N Shine" spray on.
    I've used Turtle "Ice" polish before (out of a bottle), so I might give this stuff a go.
    Pickles.
    Seal and Shine is a ceramic spray coating, much like nova jet. I found it to be the jack of all trades in spray coatings, doesn’t excel in any one performing area, but is very well priced at $26 when I tested it a few months back. I’ve tested quite a few spray coatings/sealants now but on my own car I always come back to NV Nova jet & Lustre as honestly nothing comes close to their performance in all areas, and I love the fact that the guys who are designing and making it are Aussies.
    2016 VF Clubsport LSA - FI Interchiller & Lid spacer & 12L res, 18% Crank OD, Harrop Pod Intake making 552.8rwhp. Best time = 12.171 @115.26mph 1.836 60' on a street tyre *with Chiller only*

Anybody used this before?
    Ceramic Pro Paint Protection
    Nano Ceramic Coating
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ClubPete View Post
    Anybody used this before?
    Ceramic Pro Paint Protection
    Nano Ceramic Coating
    Cheers!
    Ceramic Pro is up there as one of the best ceramic coating labels for sure mate, can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by adzy_b View Post
    Ceramic Pro is up there as one of the best ceramic coating labels for sure mate, can't go wrong.
    Thanks for that mate.
    Put my mind at ease.

Thread Information