HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Michelin for me. I found the Continentals spin easily once they age a bit

I've got Conti 5Ps on my SV6 (245/35 x 20"), because I didn't want them on the front of my E3 HSV, and they spin up easily on that at the rear. Can't imagine how they would be on a LSA powered car.

The Michelins, now on the rear of the HSV, are the only tyres I'll buy from this point forward for any of my cars.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

I just snapped up a pair of MPSS for a steal in 285 35 20 as replacements for my KU39s when they finally die. They've been great for my LS3 powered R8, but it's getting a blower soon hence the Michelin's are ready and waiting.

Check out Nankang AR1 as well, they are one of the few correctly load/speed rated semi slicks available in the same size for our cars... I'm keen on them for my next fronts, has anyone fit 265 35 20 on the factory Hsv 8.5" rim?

Sent from my HTC_M9u using Tapatalk

I'm sure all tyres harden after few years do burnouts and you greatly increase the process. I swapped my 275's early for 295's and cant get them spinning with 440 stock. I'm sure they will spin once that jumps to about 530. In saying that i like both traction and my licence.

Quote Originally Posted by markalan1two View Post
    Might have problems getting them on standard rims also may need an adjustment is the tune for the difference in rolling diameter
    and has a slight load difference standard has 102 load rating, new 295 has a 101 load rating
    Thanks for the tip Mark

Good question.. im leaning towards the PS4S in 285/35/20

Cheers for the info Dan and lol Andrew

Thread Information