HSV Forum

Page 2 of 6 First << 1234 ... Last >>
    Camaro is untested in terms of holding value. Euros almost no matter what are the worst value holders in Australia. Partially because of the inflated new price due to import, lux tax, euro emission specs and extensive features.

I'd love both but the lt4 would be the more linear power delivery while the amg would probably stick to the road better and have off the line awd dominance. Neither are practical in anyway so its midlife horses for courses. Follow your heart.

Spoke with the dealer this morning $177870 drive away price for the ZL1

A good looking car, but a lot of performance alternatives at that end of the market

Quote Originally Posted by artree View Post
    Spoke with the dealer this morning $177870 drive away price for the ZL1

A good looking car, but a lot of performance alternatives at that end of the market
    Good price info,...thank you, I reckon demand will exceed supply.
    Pickles.

Id prefer the W1... for the price... 140k should be the range for ZL1... depreciation will be a killer going forward..
    Previous 2011 MY 12 VE R8 Maloo -Perfect Blue
    Current 2013 VF GTS W507 - Herron White

I think they will need to get a few on the showroom floors before too many people commit. Too much of an unknown for those that haven't driven one in the states or done a heap of research on them. It's a lot of coin to drop on something you're not 100% sure of...in contrast, on the day of the W1 release, many dealerships had sold their allocation by now. Not the case with the ZL1.

I just cant imagine many being sold

Dollars will not worry many buyers of the ZL1. It is the most powerful Camaro ever, and it doesn't have an awesome reputation for nothing.
    I reckon the demand will be there.
    Pickles.

The demand for 300 of them will be easy. W1 was a last of the Australians collectors model

The W1 and ZL1 are two different kettle of fish IMO.
    I know what I'd take (W1) but the ZL1 is hands down a better performance car.

Another person told me, don't think of the ZL1 being $80k more expensive than a LSA Clubby/GTS, think of it as being $100k+ cheaper than a comparitive Merc, Ferrari, Porsche.

Go look at the Nurburgring lap times, it lapped it in 7:29.60. Comparatively, beating a 2012 SLS AMG, 2013 911 GT3, 2015 Audi R8, 2010 Ferrari 458... even some of the older supercars... Porsche Carrera GT, Pagani Zonda F, Koenigsegg CCX.
    Just under 2sec slower than the Lambo Huracan.

Very slick indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    I think they will need to get a few on the showroom floors before too many people commit. Too much of an unknown for those that haven't driven one in the states or done a heap of research on them. It's a lot of coin to drop on something you're not 100% sure of...in contrast, on the day of the W1 release, many dealerships had sold their allocation by now. Not the case with the ZL1.

W1 clearout was due to last of line. ZL1 is testing the waters. Interesting to see who offloads W1 to get a 2 door wrecking ball??
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

Thread Information