HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    There are 3 concepts in play at the moment that I was briefed on in November .... the source I have is ultra reliable so it's just a matter of time ... Inchscape aren't bunnies so if the business heads in that direction their will be 2 entities representing GM and Holden in the Australian marketplace ... from my perspective it's sad this is on the table but going forward there will be good product and times for the HSV faithful ... that I can guarantee
    GR

Bite off more than you can chew .... then chew like hell to you've eaten it!

Just some food for thought here on your above comment, brand loyalty really is a thing of the past, the general opinion these days is best bang for your dollar, or to spend more there has to be that something extra lets say the X factor. Brand names also develop over years of decent product offerings, people buy have good experiences so buy again. HSV at the moment don't have any offerings that meet any of the criteria I just mentioned so those who have bought there products looking to update are now turning to other manufactures products.

Those X HSV customers who have updated with other manufactures products who have great experiences with them will most likely stay with that product because HSV won there loyalty the same way. I feel it doesn't matter how good HSV product will be in the future, what is happening now is killing there client base & may never come back.
    Last edited by zRoYz; 09-02-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Honestly I hope we get the entire US muscle car scene here in Australia and in factory RHD format, dodge hellcats, mustangs, camaro

If all 3 come to town there is going to be plenty of hungry customers wanting to buy any of those 3 cars.

Ford fan boys will stick with the mustang and some will convert to dodge
    Chev fan boys will stick with the camaro and some will convert to dodge
    Dodge fan boys (dont exist really to much degree in Australia) will buy dodge or chev or ford.

Right now Ford is killing their mustang sales I see the things all the time, if dodge come into this market they will kill it with their hellcats, regardless of the weight of the thing 797HP is the sales ticket and please take my money.

I believe if all 3 were here we would eat them up, some will stick with their HSV GTS(R) etc and say im holding on to this one but many will jump camps or own both.

The current issue is the Camaro is a 70k USD car in the ZL1 format it's only worth that kind of money, it's cheap it's nasty it's american muscle, it's not a 150k AUD car with the build quality of that of BMW, Merc, Audi.

It's US muscle hence why they sell them in the US for 70k USD, thats 100k AUD here and thats what it "should" sell for in factory RHD format at your local Australian Chevrolet dealership.

If Cadillac want to come here too great, government contracts for the politicians, hire car companies will eat them up and away they go.

Either way all of this needs to start to be put into place factory RHD.
    You cannot buy the cheap nasty ZL1 at 150k aussie as it's supposed to be cheap and nasty thats the entire point of the car, american muscle on a budget that has the HP levels of more expensive exotic cars.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

If you google Mustang sales in 2018 they averaged out at approx 700 per month..
    That number was way, way down on previous years.
    (Nonetheless the Mustang still outsold ZB Commodore).

Does that mean that everyone who wanted one (Mustang) now has one???
    If the "big 3" Americans offered their coupes here, not just Ford, would the sales increase???
    I highly doubt it..

The world is a changing place, and the big, lazy V8 is dying...
    GTSR HERON WHITE MANUAL build # 0068
    VK HDT Calais Director Build # 2107
    2010 VE SSV SPECIAL EDITION
    2018 FORD FOCUS RS LE

I think you”re right

Not many people care for a v8 compared to majority of population
    Cost of living is up and its easier to save money than make it

Well to be fair Chevrolet and Dodge in my personal opinion are more popular than Ford.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsmow View Post
    If GM does this will that leave a bad taste in the Holden purist mouth.
    Tell me a purist who is happy with GM and what we are being served by them at the moment? I don't think it will change the outcome much, except that Inchape know how to import cars, market them and run dealerships.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Yeah I'm happy with my sv6, Monaro and gtsr and if I could afford it I'd buy a factory rhd Camaro. I guess I'm a bit old school and like to believe in a brand and stay loyal to it if it serves me well, which it has.

Thread Information