HSV Forum

Page 10 of 12 First << ... 89101112 Last >>
    I had a new blower fitted in Townsville. I noticed the left ?outlet hose (top one) has a very small amount of pressure when the car is idling i can squeeze the hose to about 50 percent and just start to cut off the flow of coolant. Did the dealer not bleed the system or fill it? I plan to upgrade the hoses either way.cheers
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:39 PM.

If there's air in the system (which is a possibility), the pump will be shutting off so it doesn't cook itself.

cheers I will have it checked out very soon.
    I noticed Holden Freo did not clean the K&N filter or provide the free stock filter so
    I cleaned it yesterday and noticed the MAF still connected, so I removed it. Well not a flash idea, my engine light came on and I could not get track mode on, as the ESP / traction off would not work and had a warning light, odd.
    Car ran fine back home replaced the MAF to the cable and wedged it behind the air con pipes and after about three cycles/start shut down, all good. Of interest the huge K&N filter hardly needed a clean, its a good setup that active automotive have made.

Why would you disconnect the MAF if it's not mafless tuned?

It is mafless tuned ! Google tells me its not uncommon to leave the maf attached when removed from the intake
    it stuffed my traction control when i had a not so smart idea to remove it. The maf is obviously no longer the mesh its 2 x 6 cm of lost airflow and i think harder to tune.

((84 boost reading))
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:04 PM.

u still need the IAT sensor in the maf if it hasnt been replaced to standalone, so the fault would have been the loss in IAT signal which is needed for SD operation

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    u still need the IAT sensor in the maf if it hasnt been replaced to standalone, so the fault would have been the loss in IAT signal which is needed for SD operation
    cheers, I reconnected it in a much hotter location. I wondered why the IAT was much higher after my efforts! I will put it back next to the massive pod filter that is outside the engine bay where it was.

Drags had a quiet start last night in perth very humid. The gtsr managed an 11.9.

What sort of fwkw have LSA's made on standard injectors? I will replace mine soon with around 410 fwkw.
    I ran an 11.9 last night 37psi with clean tyres, then dropped to 31psi tyres full of ^%$# and went slower with the
    295's. Of interest I did not spin at all on the first run with clean tyres, did a slow 190kph. At times it was impossible to get
    around the burnout area/water, my son went sideways a tad I guess with one tyre dry, one wet.
    I will not go again with humidity that high, guess that's why it was quiet.
    PS don't buy a Porsche SUV V8 for a fast 1/4 mile.

How is it making 410fwkw (less than stock)? I assume you mean rwkw?

If it hooked up off the line and MPH was down, why would you drop the pressures so much? When you drop the pressure, it creates more drag so it will pull the MPH down. But yes, humidity would not have helped at all.
    If the tyres were getting full of rocks and dirt, you should have done a short, sharp burnout just to clean them off.

Thread Information