HSV Forum

Page 3 of 6 First << 12345 ... Last >>
    Website may reflect the rules of times past; why would a Government department keep its own rules and regulations up to date. Would then need fewer staff members to explain the anomalies.

In manual form I think the stock exhaust sounds awesome. If I was modding I'd start with chiller for reasons stated above.

I going down the reasonably minor mods path with my LSA clubby too. Just a Harrop top pulley (18%?) air box and tune at this stage. This setup made approximately 375rwkw from memory.

I am however currently waiting on an interchiller to arrive (waiting on a part before it's shipped I believe?) and will be putting on headers/cats while I'm at it. Any more than this for a street car I think will be getting a little on the silly side

I live in Darwin too where it's generally bloody hot, so really feel the chiller will be a worthwhile mod.

Cheers
    Benno

Quote Originally Posted by Benno25 View Post
    Any more than this for a street car I think will be getting a little on the silly side
    WHAT !!!!!! We all live to be on the Silly Side....I'm driving to Sydney tomorrow from Brissy for a bigger cam and Chiller drag pack.
    GTSR Maloo MotorTorque'd and Chilled

I love long drives despite my age (just when sans wife and kids).....A great time in Sydney, enhancements from your preferred tuner (cam/tune) and even more chiller (on- adv/tune). Winning trip.
    Last edited by SenatorW; 13-02-2019 at 09:07 PM.

I going down the reasonably minor mods path with my LSA clubby too. Just a Harrop top pulley (18%?) air box and tune at this stage. This setup made approximately 375rwkw from memory.

I am however currently waiting on an interchiller to arrive (waiting on a part before it's shipped I believe?) and will be putting on headers/cats while I'm at it. Any more than this for a street car I think will be getting a little on the silly side

I live in Darwin too where it's generally bloody hot, so really feel the chiller will be a worthwhile mod.

Cheers
    Benno
    Pretty sure I know which one this is, Brett paid into the wrong account, got the money back and now the order is on our system. All parts are in stock, we just need to get through the workload.

Brett having a heart attack recently probably didn't help the situation and explained getting the bank details incorrect.
    Will do all we can to get it to you as fast as possible.

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Cheers
    Benno
    agree and I considered a chiller there, but 3 years ago I just could not get enough people to back any one tuner, I believe around the time I left one if not two tuners were getting solid scores. Prior I even had one guy that knew his car was never moved or tuned just charged the $1,000 for better fuel economy. (Darwin)
    I have heard its just as easy to replace the balancer for more boost, and with bigger boost the smaller top pulley can slip!
    I agree with the posts above saying the stock GTSR has a good sounding exhaust, slightly better that the GTS
    I think it does need a tune. I also agree with the power needed, I'm all but sorted on a plan that is not your stock xxx power upgrade pack, but will give me what I want, only the power will be out. To get what I want with mods, I will end up with about 45-60 kws more power than I need. I can handle that.
    Once I have the mods ordered, fitted and tested I will then put some details up on fuel etc. My car is also the family ride on weekends with ***** children and I may need to go over the pits. (17 interstate moves to date)

Its good to read so many forum members are putting a lot of planning into what they want by way of mods and not just throwing any upgrade on their cars, in part that says the stock gear on our HSV's is good, so be wise when removing it.
    Only a few years ago a lot of owners were changing rims and brakes, no so this time.Cheers

Any more than this for a street car I think will be getting a little on the silly side
    Cheers
    Benno

If your car doesn't scare you every now and then, you're driving the wrong car!

Thanks for the update Kirk, appreciated.
    Yes, Brett's situation wasn't good to hear! He said he'll be taking things easy for a while.

Andrew, regarding tuners in Darwin, I've had some very poor experiences over the years. Even from some apparently expert tuners from interstate!
    Anyway, I have some more confidence in who I'm going through now, as they can actually explain how they do things, and some of the cars they've tuned appear to have excellent drivability, etc.

Cheers

And oh yes, I hope it scares me a bit!!

Perth vehicle inspection finally i think i have the facts for 2019. Interstate registered cars must be inspected at an approved shop. Dealers will offer a safety check, in the context, not worth the paper its written on.
    Cars under 3 years or 60,000 require a minor safety check for about $103 full check about $135.
    Inspection is uploaded to the RTA site. You then have THREE month the midify your car correction i mean register your car.
    Of couse thats not including yellow stickers. Big mods or engineering requests.
    I will be keeping all my old parts for a while then just sell the full gtsr exhaust less the bi modal valves.
    Cheers.

Thread Information