HSV Forum

Page 8 of 8 First << ... 678
    Yep exactly what whitelie said. Don’t be fooled into thinking wider = more grip, height will always have more of a dramatic effect for straight line racing even a change of 0.25” diameter and you can notice a difference.

I have been thinking of a plan for drag tyres and have ended up with Koya SF13 18x8.5+45 wrapped in an ET Street s/s, with that setup I believe it won’t scrub at any realistic suspension height and that’s what I plan to run next drag season, and I don’t want to roll my guards.
    2016 VF Clubsport LSA - FI Interchiller, Lid spacer, 12L res. Best time = 12.171 @115.26mph 1.836 60' on a street tyre.

Cheers yes i heard STREET radial are legal they have tread but i also see the load rating is way out so crash and it could be interesting in saying that i cruise to and from the drags so a an idiot running into me should be straight forward unless i loose
    grip, spin out or blow a tyre. I run a front and rear hd camera.
    Does anyone know what the W1 Tyres are like does any W1 actually move or are they all on stands!!!!!
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:33 PM.

Trefeo tires

Never seen one on the road
    Such a shame

I have run drag radials on the street and wasn't particularly impressed.
    I have M&H 245/45R17 drag radials which I have driven from Newcastle to Sydney Dragway on many times without problem, although never in the rain. I find those to be good at the race track but really only slightly better than a competent road tyre on the street.
    I also have recently started running M&H 275/50R17s which are a completely different animal, I would not drive any great distance on the street with these, they just wander around too much and make the car feel noticeably less stable when cornering at speed.
    Both tyres are illegal for road use on my Maloo with load ratings of 580kg and 615kg respectively.
    With the 275s I drive to the track on a set of old rashed up rims with legal tyres, swap them at the track and leave my street rims chained to a light pole but I must admit it is a PITA to do this.

Also should add the 275/50R17 tyre causes the car to throw an ABS fault due to being 28 inches tall, 7% circumference difference to the front.

[QUOTE=Andrew_02;200756]
    Does anyone know what the W1 Tyres are like does any W1 actually move or are they all on stands!!!!![/QUO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL69xJIb738

One GTSTR W1 in use ?Often. I guess many are able to modify to 370-to 380 plus rkw plus, and not worry about using a "collectible car". For some the coil-overs are a retro step rather than progress over Mag Ride.

David Sultana in the NSW club drives his quite often. Pretty sure he will have it down at HSVFEST again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies.
    Does anyone know a stock W1 real time 1/4 mile with or without HP increases?
    I'm more interested in how good the tyres are i heard when the car was released the rear tyres were good for 5000kms and very sticky of course average on a wet road and dangerous on a wet track

I still think they'll be like any other circuit oriented semi slick. Great around a track when they have a lot of heat in them but not great on the strip. Generally you need to do huge burnouts to get circuit tyres to hook up and even then they're nothing like a proper street/drag radial. I think they will sit somewhere between what you have now and the street radial.
    Likely a 1.7 60 foot, maybe 1.6 if you're lucky. The street radial will do 1.6's without even trying and should see 1.5's with the right launch, pressure, and torque. Might not seem like much but remember, every tenth found here will be double off the ET.

Hey Andrew ... HSV claim 12.1 for the W1 ... and real world testing has it at 12.3 ... the A6 GTSR Maloo real world ran 12.2 ...
    GR

Bite off more than you can chew .... then chew like hell to you've eaten it!

Thread Information