HSV Forum

Page 14 of 15 First << ... 412131415 Last >>
    Cheers if that's correct I'm going to have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    Thanks that's a good offer I jumped in fast though and ordered both 18's and an nGauge. I don't plan to do any more mods
    after that, and I should see 205 and I hope 11.49's.
    Where did you get the Ngauge from? Was going to get one, but couldn’t justify it in Canberra with no track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ordering rims tyres and gauge with Cameron at Turner automotive as he can fit and align the wheels and load 3 tunes into the gauge for me drags valet and standard driving. He did a great job installing the chiller tank hoses injectors and BAP. Plus just happens that a great rim and small damage repair shop (Smart Finish) is in the same Balcata complex.
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 09-11-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Great to see the forum up again.
    You were right the nGAUGE is great. I track IAT1 and 2 fuel percentage, gear and a few other things.

I have four tunes one for 1/4 mile only and another close to it still with fans on a lot higher stock tune and valet parking, I upped the speed to 60k on that tune.

Koya SF05 have a higher load rating ?850kg and the MT 275/45/18 should be in Perth very soon, then I will hit the Motorplex again.
    The GTSR is getting a minor paint repair and rim repair (they don't really have shadow chrome wheels in the true meaning)
    three repairs as good as a panel shop for under $500 by andrew@smartfinish.com.au done in our garage in 2 hours.

Wangara Perth
    Cheers Andrew

MT tyres are great, the GTSR is a different car, it launches so much better. It was very hot night at the plex and an excellent line up of cars. My 199.7kmph at 12.3 to 11.9, best 11.79 changed too only one run at 199kmph, the rest were around 190 max speed the time even with the chiller on, still kept dropping as the temp dropped so for a while every run was a PB 11.7, 11.6 11.5, 60 foot was 1.7 speed only 190 Temp still 31 at 8.30pm. I muffed one run when after a very short burn out, I forgot to turn the traction control back on, and went sideways leaving the lights, so the traction must still tap the output a bit, maybe the track was hot but dirty. The first run pushed me into the seat that much I only went about 75 percent throttle. If you are spinning off the lights I say don't play games get some drag tyres, they cost a bit, okay a lot at $1200 but well worth it time for dollar value
    and much safer on the 1/4.
    We all saw tonight what happens when you don't latch the bonnet down, it gets very hard to see where you are going and you need a new windscreen, what a great night, well not for the bonnet bandit I guess.

A black GTSR also held up the line learning how long it takes to flash a new tune, I pushed into line 3, all good.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 3 Days Ago at 01:43 AM.

Anyone that is half serious about racing should be running a proper tyre. I get some people want to see what it will do in "full street trim" but you're leaving a lot on the table with street tyres. $1200 isn't a lot compared to many other mods most people do and generally gives a very good gain for the outlay...plus you're not tearing up your street tyres from spinning them off the line.

What's the current PB now? And what tyre pressures were you running?

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Anyone that is half serious about racing should be running a proper tyre. I get some people want to see what it will do in "full street trim" but you're leaving a lot on the table with street tyres. $1200 isn't a lot compared to many other mods most people do and generally gives a very good gain for the outlay...plus you're not tearing up your street tyres from spinning them off the line.

What's the current PB now? And what tyre pressures were you running?
    Agree, 11.50 at 189. My sideways start (traction left off by mistake) was 11.9 but 199kmph ??.
    Still 31 degees I was dropping .1 each run.
    I went down to 22psi. I was getting some car instability once the power was off! The SF05''s were balanced. I was thinking of trying 25psi
    The track looked messy I think the big hp cars had been doing some testing just prior to 1800.
    Cheers

Normally the track will be fairly reasonable coming up to a meet. They may have prepped the full track which will pull a bit of MPH out. The heat certainly won't help but the chiller should be combating a bit of that.

22psi isn't low by any means but that may also be pulling the MPH down. Start at 25psi and drop 1psi until they hook up properly. You should be able to run with traction off, they'll grip up. Sounds like they may need a bigger burnout to get some heat in to them.

Thanks you are right again, my burnouts varied from a few rotations to 2 or 3 seconds. I may go back to the seating area and pay more attention to the burnout and staging. Once my son has time off work I can watch what he does and how the car performs. I'm still to download the motec data. Cheers I hope next wed night is cooler.
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 2 Days Ago at 11:53 AM.

what u can do is if u can change the tune just use the throttle % v gear limit so all u really do is mash the throttle to the floor and u can adjust the power thru throttle percentage for each gear down the track then log front and rear wheel speed and watch for spin and just adjust the max throttle percent until u are at the max the track will take

Thread Information