HSV Forum

Page 5 of 6 First << ... 3456 Last >>

Good point agreed about the current size of the VF generation MAF conceded. MAF gives parameters, not much obstruction, compared to the old LS1 days. Other threads on this forum about the quality of a tune cited.

Well i have done the upgrade and up front i loved the stock GTSR a great car but I'm on more of a high now than when i collected the car new.
    Its just so responsive.
    The full pacemaker system gives a 100 percent old school sound. Combined with Active Automotives intake a small boost upgrade and tune the car is amazing to drive. Even the flash Perth high end cars rolled off the lights yesterday. Not that i would have given it more than two seconds of 80 percent. You would swear the car has a cam thanks to the tunned pacemaker headers the full system is black ceramic coated i cant believe how much the coated keeps the heat in. The m***ive pod filter is not over the top with blower sould but a decent increase on stock.
    Warning though if you can you really must keep the bimodals. ( added// just the actuators)
    The tune and pacemaker system is reasonably quiet on 10-20 percent throttle put the power down and it keeps getting louder. I drive using paddle shift and 80 percent and i mean 80 percent of the popping is gone now that was a tad embarrxxing. The new 295 35's slip, but i now need to learn how to drive a very crisp 420rwkw. Active Austomotive used a mat black pulley with no lettering to help keep a stock look and the black coated headers look stock. I have a plan with the intake. Cheers PS i will put a few videos up soon.
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:32 PM.

Sounds like your tuner's done a good job Andrew.
    Pickles.

Well done with the mods Andrew. Took mine for a squirt on the weekend and without offending anyone I can't imagine needing more power. I don't use all the power I've got and it's stock and if ayou are using all that power well your seriously motoring. These cars gain speed so quick it's crazy. I love the sound and character of the stock exhaust too, won't be touching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsmow View Post
    Well done with the mods Andrew. Took mine for a squirt on the weekend and without offending anyone I can't imagine needing more power. I don't use all the power I've got and it's stock and if ayou are using all that power well your seriously motoring. These cars gain speed so quick it's crazy. I love the sound and character of the stock exhaust too, won't be touching it.
    Same here!
    Pickles.

I've got Andrews Dyno graph (before and after) and it's very interesting to analyse! ... the largest gains (and the gains are thru the entire rev range) are between 3000-4000RPM ... 105rwhp and 120rwtq .... that would make it pretty sharp on the street when driven quick as opposed to being redlined ....
    GR

Bite off more than you can chew .... then chew like hell to you've eaten it!

Is he turning the tyres though while I’m moving forward GR lol.

Nice results. Thanks for posting. I retained bimodal with Pacemaker 1 &7/8 with 3 inch diFillipo. I haven't had cat back ceramic coating offered to me. Interesting, I would have taken that up if it was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsmow View Post
    Is he turning the tyres though while I’m moving forward GR lol.
    Lets see then, its half price entry this Wed night for Turbo, Nitros and Blowers. The Grange with 365fwks managed 12.99.

Hope to see some late model cars at the track in Perth.

Thread Information