HSV Forum

Page 2 of 2 First << 12
    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Is it just a sticker or what is actually different?
    5th Ann's were different trim, with 5th Ann badges embroidered on the door cards. They were Panorama silver with a different colour on the skirts so they're easily distinguishable from a regular model.

No, they were Galaxy Blue with Panorama Silver skirts
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 3 - HSV VF GTS #1539 Heron White manual

Daily - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185
    Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Project - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082

It's a bit of a challenge trying to recall the exact specs after 26 years especially when I've never owned one but it was a neat item back in the day and a 5000i variant would be a good thing to have in the garage .... Carl is correct about the colours and I thought the wheels were coded to Panorama too but don't quote me on that .... they had nice trim too

I think it would be good if Andrew P could dig out the facts and post them on here for all to see and fully appreciate ....

.... but let me be clear on this statement / they will retain good value going forward and I think an original version of any of the 5th Anniv variants is good buying in today's marketplace ... and I can't help but think Crenno was tapping into the Brock "orgon energy green" that was the nickname for the "ill fated" Director in 1987 ... the colour was similar - but not exact ....
    GR

Bite off more than you can chew .... then chew like hell to you've eaten it!

Ah yes of course! As you say Graeme, hard to recall the specs of the older ****s, my memory is going with my age!

not sure how to rotate them sorry
    looking for a 5th anniversary Senator 5000i if anyone spots one for sale or any other good VP that might be good for my collection : 0428239431 if someone could drop me a text if a super special deal pops up that would be great - thank you.

VQ Statesman 5000i 5th Anniversary #6 - GALAXY BLUE
    VQ Statesman 5000i 5th Anniversary #9 - GALAXY BLUE
    VP Wagon 5th Anniversary #56 - GALAXY BLUE
    VP Senator 5000i #109 - Quartz
    VP GTS #123 - Alaskan White
    VT Senator 220i #314 - Herron White

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    It's a bit of a challenge trying to recall the exact specs after 26 years especially when I've never owned one but it was a neat item back in the day and a 5000i variant would be a good thing to have in the garage .... Carl is correct about the colours and I thought the wheels were coded to Panorama too but don't quote me on that .... they had nice trim too

I think it would be good if Andrew P could dig out the facts and post them on here for all to see and fully appreciate ....

.... but let me be clear on this statement / they will retain good value going forward and I think an original version of any of the 5th Anniv variants is good buying in today's marketplace ... and I can't help but think Crenno was tapping into the Brock "orgon energy green" that was the nickname for the "ill fated" Director in 1987 ... the colour was similar - but not exact ....
    Ah yes G.R., "The Director",....what a car. Build Number 4000, I think the color was "Ice Blue"? I've driven that car a couple of times, and have a picture of Karen standing in front of it while it was mounted on the turntable in the HDT Bertie St, showroom,.....those were the days!!
    Martin.

I too got to take the Director for a small gallop ... and I have the pic to prove it ... Bathurst 87 .... we have been blessed to have enjoyed such a golden era of Australian Performance Cars Martin ... they certainly were the days mate ....
    GR

Bite off more than you can chew .... then chew like hell to you've eaten it!

If you thought the 5th Anniversary Senator was rare, check out this beast! Worth over $100k restored!!!! You must buy now!!!!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/parr...tor/1212178907

Haven't heard of the "Senatar" before, must be a rare model indeed!

Is the Weber Q included in the price?

The last pic he has of senator for 85k has only done 350kms... Id rather his tho, 25k and in many pieces, will feel like its more bang for ya buck when you need to take it home in a few trailer loads

Thread Information