HSV Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

VF GTS engine build

Hi Guys,

Bit of advice. I wanna get my VF GTS opened and I definitely want a filthy, cranky isle!! I am hoping you can give me a rough idea of cost.

I already have full exhaust system (Pacemaker) and Harrop air intake.

I知 after:
    Bigger injectors
    Pulley setup (how big?)
    Camshaft (double row timing chain and all the rest that goes with a camshaft install)

Is that it? I want it really cranky.
    Before I go lid spacer etc.

Any idea what I知 up for?

I remember a camshaft in my old VZ was about $3500 including all the other stuff. Injectors are what, $1000? Pulley setup???

Help.

14% over drive on the stock can requires a booster pump or a fuel system.
    Going with a cam and more boost be sure to include either a BAP or fuel system.
    Many many many many many many many many many workshops and customers get this wrong many many many many many

The cam will determine how much boost can be run
    Prices will vary from shop to shop but you値l also need valve springs to suit the cam

You should talk to your tuner or a tuner on your goals
    Mention the fuel system upgrade, something along the lines of 展ill I need to upgrade my fuel system or add a BAP...if they say no find a new tuner

2014 HSV VF GTS
    2017 HSV GTSR
    http://www.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers
    Australia's Fastest 6.2L 1900 LSA VF GTS with a Stock Bottom End
    9.700 @143.14mph 17/July/2017
    V-Box Results 0-100km/h in 2.47sec

Quote Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
    14% over drive on the stock can requires a booster pump or a fuel system.
    Going with a cam and more boost be sure to include either a BAP or fuel system.
    Many many many many many many many many many workshops and customers get this wrong many many many many many

The cam will determine how much boost can be run
    Prices will vary from shop to shop but you’ll also need valve springs to suit the cam

You should talk to your tuner or a tuner on your goals
    Mention the fuel system upgrade, something along the lines of “Will I need to upgrade my fuel system or add a BAP”...if they say no find a new tuner
    Should have said valve springs yeah. My guys normally do all that stuff as a package but yeah.

Can I be stupid and ask what a BAP is? And by fuel system you mean larger fuel pump?
    Which is recommended as preference and ballpark cost?

Boost A Pump - essentially increases the voltage to the fuel pump allowing it to increase its output.

Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    Boost A Pump - essentially increases the voltage to the fuel pump allowing it to increase its output.
    Ah, that sounds quite simple. What are they worth?

If your builder has his own cam, you might run with that. Brian Tooley seems to know his stuff.
    BTR CM33148205 is the stage 3 positive displacement cam. You tube has many videos. If you want to be practical LS9 cam.

Quote Originally Posted by SenatorW View Post
    If your builder has his own cam, you might run with that. Brian Tooley seems to know his stuff.
    BTR CM33148205 is the stage 3 positive displacement cam. You tube has many videos. If you want to be practical LS9 cam.
    Cheers mate. Yeah nah screw practical. I want it angry as ��

hope u will have a good tuner... usually when people ask for cranky idle u will get a stupid big cam that is not needed and they cant tune the drivability into it and u get fuel smell all the time and have to keep rpm above 2000 just so it dosnt stutter, a good tuner will use a cam more suited to what u want and can induce some crankyness into idle without affecting other areas

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    hope u will have a good tuner... usually when people ask for cranky idle u will get a stupid big cam that is not needed and they cant tune the drivability into it and u get fuel smell all the time and have to keep rpm above 2000 just so it dosnt stutter, a good tuner will use a cam more suited to what u want and can induce some crankyness into idle without affecting other areas
    Yes mate, I’ve used Russo Performance to build all my motors without anything but success. My last car was a VE Ute 6L std bottom end with Maggie 2300 and cam etc. made 441kw at the wheels and I put 141,000km on it without issue. I commuted 1hour 20 each way daily in traffic it never missed a beat. That’s a good tuner... The day I sold it she was still very strong and used hardly any oil etc. They have built heaps of LSA’s.

Was just after some advice and opinion before I go have a chat.

Was actually just after a ballpark build speculate.

Thread Information