HSV Forum

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last >>

Holden in Trouble- Interesting

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...-bleed-116345/

Interesting article. The pertinent statement - 'Holden just need to provide vehicles that people want to buy '.
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

Holden died on the 20th of October 2017.....

I am absolutely SICK AND TIRED of these negative articles.
    I have friends in the Holden camp who are as dedicated as they have always been, and this "negativity" is doing them no good at all, and in many cases it's simply rubbish.
    Case in point, the new Acadia,..rubbished by many before they'd even driven one, whereas in truth, actual road tests reveal that in many respects it is superior to industry leader Mazda CX9.
    Was down with our Holden Dealer this week, and He is providing brilliant service as He has done for 30 yrs.
    Sick of unfounded CRAP,....seems to me the old adage in Aussie is correct,..."When ya're up there taking the high marks, ya're everybody's hero, but when ya're down, everybody kicks you in the guts"?
    Pickles.

Personal opinion here but I don't find many of the current crop of Holden's interesting and I'd say the majority of buyers would agree. I like the Colorado and think the Acadia is a step in the right direction but nearly everything else is ugly compared to the competitors (although don't get me started on the CH-R and Kona). It doesn't get me excited to the point that I want to have a closer look or take it for a test drive.

Some may disagree but my biggest issue with holden is support and dealers

Eg useless dealer spare parts dept

Parts after 5 year not available despite laws in place

Recalls and or fixes

Service dept ignoring or unable to diagnose issues

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    I am absolutely SICK AND TIRED of these negative articles.
    I have friends in the Holden camp who are as dedicated as they have always been, and this "negativity" is doing them no good at all, and in many cases it's simply rubbish.
    Case in point, the new Acadia,..rubbished by many before they'd even driven one, whereas in truth, actual road tests reveal that in many respects it is superior to industry leader Mazda CX9.
    Was down with our Holden Dealer this week, and He is providing brilliant service as He has done for 30 yrs.
    Sick of unfounded CRAP,....seems to me the old adage in Aussie is correct,..."When ya're up there taking the high marks, ya're everybody's hero, but when ya're down, everybody kicks you in the guts"?
    Pickles.
    Just a thought but I wonder how many Tickford and FPV vehicles you drove before coming to the same conclusion about them.......
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 3 - HSV VF GTS #1539 Heron White manual

Daily - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185
    Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Project - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    Just a thought but I wonder how many Tickford and FPV vehicles you drove before coming to the same conclusion about them.......
    As a well known Aussie once said, "Please Explain". I don't have any particularly bad feelings about Tickford or FPV, & you're correct that I haven't had much experience with them, so I'm not qualified to speak, but neither have I knocked them like many are knocking Holden, so like I said, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.
    Pickles.

I don't think it's a particularly negative article. Holden sales are down by 30% - that's a fact. You've got to report it as it is.

Redbook's opinion was Holden can bounce back and prosper. Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    As a well known Aussie once said, "Please Explain". I don't have any particularly bad feelings about Tickford or FPV, & you're correct that I haven't had much experience with them, so I'm not qualified to speak, but neither have I knocked them like many are knocking Holden, so like I said, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.
    Pickles.
    We have had many disagreements over cars in the past and your views on Tickford/ FPV werent good
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 3 - HSV VF GTS #1539 Heron White manual

Daily - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185
    Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Project - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    We have had many disagreements over cars in the past and your views on Tickford/ FPV werent good
    "Disagreements"?..for sure, that is quite possible. You are quite forthright with your views, as I am, which generates good healthy discussion, which is what Forums should be all about.
    And for sure, yes I do think the HSV product has always been superior to the Ford product, and there are many reasons for that, but I've never got stuck into them as many have done to Holden. I just think it's counter productive.
    Having a preference one way or another is very different from the vitriolic comments about Holden that I've seen.
    Pickles.

Thread Information