HSV Forum

Page 2 of 3 First << 123 Last >>
    Sounds a fair article to me.
    Holden's image is down the toilet at the moment - which in this day and age is what sells cars.
    I'm not a new car buyer, so my two cents is worth jack all, but the Holden range right now is un-exciting.
    Not saying it's a bad thing, the Toyota line-up has never been exciting but they sell oodles.
    On the other hand over at Ford, you've got the performance Focus, new Mustang and jacked up Ranger... followed by their boring lower level counterparts, which most tend to buy - but the new owner feels a part of the 'club.'

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Some may disagree but my biggest issue with holden is support and dealers

Eg useless dealer spare parts dept

Parts after 5 year not available despite laws in place

Recalls and or fixes

Service dept ignoring or unable to diagnose issues
    It would be fair to say all dealers have their good ones and bad ones. It's a shame most rate their dealership quality based on how good the coffee is whilst they're waiting.

My local Holden dealer was bought out. Funny seeing that massive yard empty, and now taking up a small corner of another dealership.

Still believe GM is killing off the Holden Brand on purpose so it can be replaced by Chev/Cadillac without much hassle.
    Unfortunately that means driving down sales which will affect those in the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit off track but we just moved back to perth a fifth time in a suburb that has no industry and in a park/and school site a small sign reads a rather large site of general motors not GMH actually assembled cars on site in WA until the mid 1970,s in the hundreds of thousands. never new that anyone ever owned a WA assebled GM or GMH car?
    Last edited by Andrew_02; 4 Days Ago at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSapper View Post
    Still believe GM is killing off the Holden Brand on purpose so it can be replaced by Chev/Cadillac without much hassle.
    Unfortunately that means driving down sales which will affect those in the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will have something to do with GM Corporate Management, their KPI's, and bonuses...

At the moment I am not sure what, of the current stock of Holdens, sparks my interest? Very boring and sedentary … Have to do a Marty and go back to the future.
    Last edited by Senator01; 4 Days Ago at 10:54 PM.
    '06 VZ Senator 4A - 416
    '10 E3 Senator 6M - 26
    '06 VZ S2 R8 Maloo 4A - 31

Does it really matter at all if cars aren't sold under the name Holden, the name for me is iconic with Australian made cars which in this day & age there all imports. As far as job loss just because Holden brand is gone, that has already mostly happened with manufacturing plants closed, Australia only sells x number of cars across all brands & will continue to do so without Holden.

Holden for me is already dead as others have expressed there isn't 1 car in there current line up I would even consider, they could have kept me as a customer if the Camaro was offered, like Ford did with the Mustang & not an over priced conversion though HSV.
    Last edited by zRoYz; 3 Days Ago at 07:12 PM.

Holden had imported most of their line-up for years and everyone still called whatever Holden they owned a "Holden". But now since local manufacturing has ceased it seems all the other Holden cars are no longer Holden.
    Commodore as we knew it is dead but the Holden brand still lives on even if we arent making X% of their total sales anymore.
    I think people need to move on and accept it
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 3 - HSV VF GTS #1539 Heron White manual

Daily - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185
    Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Project - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082

Quote Originally Posted by HSVGTS125 View Post
    Holden had imported most of their line-up for years and everyone still called whatever Holden they owned a "Holden". But now since local manufacturing has ceased it seems all the other Holden cars are no longer Holden.
    Commodore as we knew it is dead but the Holden brand still lives on even if we arent making X% of their total sales anymore.
    I think people need to move on and accept it
    Well Said,...Of course they do.
    Pickles.

Granted Holden has imported most of there line up for years, but when there was still manufacturing here of some of there line up there was still the cross over you were supporting Holden Australian manufacturing. That is my personal opinion anyway & from the generation that grow up with "we love football, meat pies, kangaroos and Holden cars" & have owned Australian built Holden cars all my life, now I have zero reason to support there brand unless there is an offering that is better than other manufactures offer & I just don't see that at the moment. Maybe it's not just my view when there sales have slumped to an all time low.

Thread Information