HSV Forum

Page 3 of 3 First << 123
    I 100% agree although if I was only buying imported Holden cars whilst Holden was still making Commodore and Cruze I wouldnt stop buying them now. There are people out there that think Holden built all tbeir cars
    I wont buy an imported Commodore because its not a V8.
    Toy 1 - 1997 Tickford EL GT #068
    Toy 2 - 2001 Tickford AU111 XR8 220kw manual
    Toy 3 - HSV VF GTS #1539 Heron White manual

Daily - 2002 HSV VY Clubsport R8 manual #185
    Daily - 2004 VZ Cross 8

Project - 1998 HSV VS11 at VT Maloo #082

Unfortunately now thats its all imported i see no reason to buy holden

My experience at many dealers has been the worst out of 4 car brands we have had
    Spare parts have always been pathetic
    I see it as being complacent and not adapting to market needs

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_02 View Post
    Bit off track but we just moved back to perth a fifth time in a suburb that has no industry and in a park/and school site a small sign reads a rather large site of general motors not GMH actually assembled cars on site in WA until the mid 1970,s in the hundreds of thousands. never new that anyone ever owned a WA assebled GM or GMH car?
    Yeah mate down at Dingo Flour, pretty cool eh.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4

#21 2001 VX R8 series II (HSV Racing Green)
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport (Phanton Black)
    #771 2010 E2 GTS (wildfire)

Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Unfortunately now thats its all imported i see no reason to buy holden
    Sad manufacturing has ended. But I'll be all over a respectable brand V8 or V6TT RWD. Unfortunately all the euro stuff I desire is above my budget.
    Zorst video: https://youtu.be/R0oKu5PMQG4

#21 2001 VX R8 series II (HSV Racing Green)
    #16 2006 HSV Dealer Team ClubSport (Phanton Black)
    #771 2010 E2 GTS (wildfire)

Holden is in trouble alright, they still have a paddock full of 2017, yes 2017 build Astras, they have more Captivas in stock than they know what to do with and they have that many Commodores in paddocks that they have put a holt on production O/S. They are also now broadening there "family" buyers program to include police, fire and ambos, just to move some stock. For example Z71 colorado 4x4 crew cab, $43540 + ORC. Astra 16k. They also have stock of 2017 VF utes v6 they are trying to unload for 29k. and the new commodore they are offering to "family" at 25k. All the vehicle include GST in the price and 3 years servicing.They are in trouble alright, no body is buying the cars.

We brought one such astra and paid less than my FRRP in 2002. Cheap kia,s but also cheap audi merc and bmw under 40k is hurting. I think the commodore name needs to go on the next model.. Being right hand drive with gmh left hand sucks we also seem to be in the far corner of the world!
    We got it right with the VF that hurts.
    I'd like one of my next cars to come from a car show!

Quote Originally Posted by dmhhsv View Post
    Holden is in trouble alright, they still have a paddock full of 2017, yes 2017 build Astras, they have more Captivas in stock than they know what to do with and they have that many Commodores in paddocks that they have put a holt on production O/S. They are also now broadening there "family" buyers program to include police, fire and ambos, just to move some stock. For example Z71 colorado 4x4 crew cab, $43540 + ORC. Astra 16k. They also have stock of 2017 VF utes v6 they are trying to unload for 29k. and the new commodore they are offering to "family" at 25k. All the vehicle include GST in the price and 3 years servicing.They are in trouble alright, no body is buying the cars.
    Geez, if they offered the average punter those prices I think they would move some stock pretty quickly.

My son bought a non driven Astra R+ auto demo - with all the safety gear, LDW and autonomous braking (had plastic wrap on it the day prior to delivery) for $19990 in the middle of last year. That was over $5000 cheaper than the list price at the time for what he got. They are doing great deals if you look around. And, its a surprisingly good car, at that pricepoint. I prefer it to the new Commodore FWD.

I think there is some good product in the mix and think people should consider them, and not write them off because of a lack of love for the brand on the internet.

Personally I am disappointed we can't get a big RWD from them anymore without spending closer to $100k than $50k.

But when the time comes, I will look at their offerings at the time.
    MY12.5 Clubsport Manual in Alto Grey, MY16 SV6 auto in Phantom, MY11 SV6 auto in Voodoo, 1964 EH Manual wagon in Cream.

Quote Originally Posted by dmhhsv View Post
    Wish they would mega discount remaining VF HSV stock. Or is there something I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by SenatorW View Post
    Wish they would mega discount remaining VF HSV stock. Or is there something I don't know...
    I don't think that will happen.
    Was down at my HSV Dealer recently for a service, all his VFs are gone with the exception of a GTSR Maloo which they may keep. He also said that demand for late model HSVs was strong, but very hard for them to buy at the right price!
    Pickles.

Thread Information